A fascinating time ahead.

If, and if you're a Wednesdayite there is always an if, Joao and Rhodes go as seems likely, and Hector returns, there will be some interesting selection issues for whoever is, or becomes the Manager/Head Coach.

Do we play a three or a four at the back? 

Who drops out when Iorfa returns?

Where does Borner fit in?

Does Van Aken get a place in midfield?

Does Lee keep a place or does Borner move forward?

Does FF play on the left or up front or just be an impact sub?

What of Palmer if Borner moves to left wingback?

Who plays Right Back once Iorfa is back?

The permutations it seem are endless. I for one can't wait to see how it all works out. Roll on Saturday.

Edited by mark1948
Typo

9 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

If, and if you're a Wednesdayite there is always an if, Joao and Rhodes go as seems likely, and Hector returns, there will be some interesting selection issues for whoever is, or becomes the Manager/Head Coach.

The permutations it seem are endless. I for one can't wait to see how it all works out. Roll on Saturday.

Why would we sign a CB to play him jn midfield?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Do we play a three or a four at the back? 4, we only have 1 wing back

Who drops out when Iorfa returns? Nobody

Where does Borner fit in? Next to Lees at CB

Does Van Aken get a place in midfield? No, nor in defence

Does Lee keep a place or does Borner move forward? Yes, why would he, he's a defender

Does FF play on the left or up front or just be an impact sub? nobody knows where to play him, he'll be banned for 6 games anyway

What of Palmer if Borner moves to left wingback? why would that happen? 

Who plays Right Back once Iorfa is back? same as played there at Reading and will play there v Barnsley?

Hope this helps :biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Do we play a three or a four at the back? 4, we only have 1 wing back

Who drops out when Iorfa returns? Nobody

Where does Borner fit in? Next to Lees at CB (If hector Returns???????)

Does Van Aken get a place in midfield? No, nor in defence

Does Lee keep a place or does Borner move forward? Yes, why would he, he's a defender (If Hector returns Borner is not in the back four or three. Does he fill for Hutch when Hutch is out?/)

Does FF play on the left or up front or just be an impact sub? nobody knows where to play him, he'll be banned for 6 games anyway

What of Palmer if Borner moves to left wingback? why would that happen? (Because if Hector returns he takes Borner's place but Borner is too good a footballer to ignore.)

Who plays Right Back once Iorfa is back? same as played there at Reading and will play there v Barnsley? (Irofa's pace alone gets him in the team.)

Hope this helps :biggrin:

I didn't help. You didn't read the bit about if Hector returns did you?

Edited by mark1948
punctuation

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If we sign Hector we have vital competition and cover at centre half.

Don't think we need to read more into it than that.

We have that with Iorfa already 

Is there room for lees borner iorfa and Van aken? AND hector if we signed him? 

26 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

The question is.... as much as Hector is a fan favourite, do we really need him now?

I think we do. I've seen Borner pre-season and he didn't look comfortable with high crosses and the like. He was at fault for most of our conceded goals. OK pre-season is pre-season and not necessarily an indication of how things work out in the league, but its that element of Borner's game that I worry about. He is clearly accomplished in other skills. Having said that he neshed a couple of tackes ala Reach.

Edited by mark1948

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We have that with Iorfa already 

Is there room for lees borner iorfa and Van aken? AND hector if we signed him? 

If Jexor comes, I more than suspect Van Aken will be out for the next half decent offer. 

Iorfa might want to play centre half, but I suspect there a more than a few games where he might be deployed at right back. 

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

Or as we had no centre back cover on the bench we are signing hector because we only have Lees and Borner as viable options, the manager clearly doe not rate Thorniley or JVA or they would be involved with the team, instead Fox was used as cover for defence, when Iorfa is not suspended probably Palmer will drop to the bench too.

We desperately need cover in centre midfield and right midfield where we currently have no natural player at the whole club we have to either play Reach or Harris there.

So, an early prediction by me. If we try 3 CB's, Hutchinson shouldn't make the team.

We'd be too defensive, Hector can step up into CDM with possession, drop back into a back 3 without possession.

Which means, Hutchinson should never be considered for CM, due to his tendency to drop back into defence