I hope people finally realise the consequences of FFP now

I don't understand what the OP means by accepting the way the club has been run. I think by and large the club has been badly run for most of my time supporting especially from 1994 to say 2010, under this owner we have been badly run too in many ways but I like the ambition. My accepting or not accepting any of this doesn't come into play really. I am still going to support the club. It is what it is. 

10 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just saying. 

There's been plenty of people that have accepted our business over recent seasons. Plenty that have backed Chansiri over not selling anyone and NOT investing in the squad but instead letting it age and stagnate. All the while other clubs have conducted business that has helped them turnover their squads in an attempt to get promoted again. If you look at it logically that is the only way to try and gain promotion, as sticking with the same bunch that have failed would be the definition of madness. Plus it has also seen many of their stocks fall in terms of value. People wonder why teams like Bristol, Brentford and Derby get top whack for players. Well, they have people at the club that negotiate well for their players AND they recognise the exact moment to sell and have ready made replacements to come in. Replacements that they also invest heavily in. 

Instead of blaming FFP and feeling sorry for ourselves we should have been manouvering our way through the transfer windows a lot more cleverly in recent seasons. Its been disappointing to see our 2 seasons of stagnation. 

Hopefully weve now learnt. We seem to have people behind the scenes that can negotiate deals for us now. Thank the lord. And also well done to Chansiri for finally seeing this. 

Lets get some deadwood out and sign some new, fresh faces. Add them to this fit, experienced bunch of top lads and have a real crack at reaching that top 6! 

While ever we have Paxo at the club, there’s always the risk of history repeating itself. 

43 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Still got many a fan that thinks we can spend 39m again. 

We got in this mess partly by refusing to sell players when they had some value. Hopefully with Joao going  the penny has finally dropped with DC that player sales are a clubs biggest revenue stream.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

We got in this mess partly by refusing to sell players when they had some value. Hopefully with Joao going  the penny has finally dropped with DC that player sales are a clubs biggest revenue stream.

It may well have been necessity rather than prudence that brought this about. The next embargo deadline is only a year away and we needed to raise or save many millions.