I hope people finally realise the consequences of FFP now

I look at some of the transfer fees that have been paid for championship players, think of Webster, McBurnie, Osborne and what Brentford have sold.

This has been our issues, we need to sign young players and sell one a season for £10m+. Easier said than done but others clubs have managed it, we've never done it!

28 minutes ago, camffiti said:

The massive spend up we supposedly had, to get into this mess, wasn't really a lot (comparatively)

The yearly losses has a little to do with over paying wages, but I bet others are paying more 

So the promble is lack of income (streams), that Katrien seemingly did f*ck all about

We haven't spent a lot in the last few windows, so shouldn't be running at such a big loss ... We need to up ticket prices and create more club deals :Chansiri:

FunFPsale.jpg.adb51d9fa6a2ed4f969826e7c4466096.jpg

Perhaps Katrien tried and DC didn't agree, we still don't know why she left.

Whenever I have mentioned about using our ground for events people just moan the pitch may get damaged despite other clubs in the league being able to overcome this cataclysmic issue

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I look at some of the transfer fees that have been paid for championship players, think of Webster, McBurnie, Osborne and what Brentford have sold.

This has been our issues, we need to sign young players and sell one a season for £10m+. Easier said than done but others clubs have managed it, we've never done it!

that's because we are crap, its like watching a really bad black and white movie in slow motion our club sometimes

2 hours ago, torres said:

I think most fans have been saying we should have sold more players over the last 4 years to be honest 

Every clubs natural income is selling players.  Its hardly rocket science . Buy at right price ( or free signings) , develop the player,  then sell when the price is good, then repeat.  My one critisism of DC  is he hasnt grasped this , and that has seen put us in the position we are in now.  Football clubs cannot survive on ticket sales and shirt sales alone. Player ssles are where your main income comes from.

• Like 1

When would have been the opportune moment to have sold any of these for megabucks, I wonder?

Liam Palmer, been with the club 9 years, 1 month

Kieran Lee, 7 years, 1 month

Atdhe Nuhiu, 6 years

Joe Wildsmith, 5 years, 8 months

Kieren Westwood, 5 years

Sam Hutchinson, 5 years

Tom Lees, 5 years

Lucas Joao, 4 years

Fernando Forestieri, 3 years, 11 months

Barry Bannan, 3 years, 11 months

Steven Fletcher, 3 years

Adam Reach, 2 years, 11 months

Morgan Fox, 2 years, 7 months

27 minutes ago, owlandished said:

When would have been the opportune moment to have sold any of these for megabucks, I wonder?

Liam Palmer, been with the club 9 years, 1 month

Kieran Lee, 7 years, 1 month

Atdhe Nuhiu, 6 years

Joe Wildsmith, 5 years, 8 months

Kieren Westwood, 5 years

Sam Hutchinson, 5 years

Tom Lees, 5 years

Lucas Joao, 4 years

Fernando Forestieri, 3 years, 11 months

Barry Bannan, 3 years, 11 months

Steven Fletcher, 3 years

Adam Reach, 2 years, 11 months

Morgan Fox, 2 years, 7 months

When we got decent offers for them

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

It does seem that pretty much every team that has been promoted for example, manages to have several players in the 10m+ range they sell when they comeback down.  I can't think of any Wednesday players who would be in that class.

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Have we got players that will fetch that much though. Previously we've had players at the end of their careers with no resale value. 

Will Mr C change his ways dramatically? 

After the play off final we would have got a good price for most of our players. We had loads of TV time we were playing attacking creative football. At that time we wouldn't have sold anybody as we were all expecting a push the following season. It wasrumoured DC tur ned down 15 million for FF. It stands to reason if you have the players playing at their best they will always attract atte tion. We have just had managers who have played negative football and the players haven't been ae to show their full potential

51 minutes ago, poite said:

We've wasted money buying individual talent rather than spending money building a team 

That statement's worth ten "Agrees".

And we've also overloaded some areas of the pitch with players, and been woefully deficient in others.

A transfer policy driven by agents rather than an attempt to build a cohesive team.

Chansiri held out his trousers and the agents poured custard down them.

• Thanks 1

The biggest joke is when folk bleat about us never selling anyone for tens of millions like Brentford/Bristol & then massively undervalue our own players & advocate letting them go for a couple of million to “get em off the books”

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Our 'strategy' of the last three years has been reckless and haphazard. We've been paying the price in the last 18 months or so, and there may be more implications to come yet.

That's because we have never had a strategy or any kind of plan for recruitment and how to utilise those players in an affective manner. Loan signings hardly used, players playing out of position.

Not to mention our strategy of what to do with youth players. Whats the point of a development squad to let it develop playing reserve football. Pointless.

Fed up of the mediocrity and being run by imbeciles

57 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The biggest joke is when folk bleat about us never selling anyone for tens of millions like Brentford/Bristol & then massively undervalue our own players & advocate letting them go for a couple of million to “get em off the books”

who's been massively undervalued?

7 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Has nobody mentioned the fact we're competing against ex PL teams that get relegated & have pots of money, while we are hamstrung within these farcical rules?

We all understand the consequences of FFP. It's the idiotic nature of them we don't get. How can a team which has been in the Championship for years compete in the same market as a recently relegated PL one? DC said himself, having money wasn't a problem, he just couldn't spend as much as he likes! If you're not in the failure payments club, you should be able to spend what you want, or at least the same as them. 

It would be interesting to hear the views of followers of clubs that lacked either/both "failure payments club" & a rich generous owner [sugar daddy]

Batnsley; Luton; S2 (!?!?!?!?)

6 hours ago, farlego said:

I think a lot of it comes down to the fact we were signing players on paper who would have been regulars in most teams but we were hit with devastating injuries or just didn't work out. Not necessarily bad signings.

The big names/signings/ earners

Abdi pretty much injured his whole time. in theory would have been in the starting line up

Hooper. One of the first names on the team sheet but too many injuries.

Boyd. Good signing on the face of it but legs had gone.

Winnall. Good value signing at the time

JVA. Unknown how he would have developed once he had mastered the English game before his injury.

Rhodes. Potentially would have fired us to promotion but just hasn't worked out.

Jones. Just didn't get enough game time to prove himself. I thought he was better than perceived by many and became a scapegoat.

I accept that a number of our signings were getting toward the end of their career and on that basis surely our medical team should have done more stringent testing.

Rhodes and Winall would have been great if we didn't already have 5 strikers. IMO it was poorly thought out. Surely you can't keep more than 5 first team strikers happy at one club without playing them all regularly. FF had already spat his dummy out earlier in the season!! lol 

9 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

We've known for a while. I think we all understood when Chansiri went mad at the presser, told us we're 8-figure-fooked and said he's selling up.

Well if you’re gonna read stuff into subtle signs like that...

lol

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's not my money and I support SWFC and am inpatient as i'm in my 30s now and we were relegated from the Premier League when I was a child but,

If I were Chansiri, I would just splash the cash like Wolves did, they showed it can be won at a canter. Messing around trying to appease FFP while building a side good enough for the Premier League and staying in the Premier League does not work

Wolves had a side that were good enough for the Premier League that had a years Championship experience to gel

If they didn't go up they were buggered but with their quality it was never going to happen

Fulham last year probably had a side good enough for the Premier League but they didn't have time to gel-this is what FFP is aiming to do

FFP is designed to keep the status quo, you have to push the boundaries with it

You've seen how bad, lopsided and haphazard our transfer dealings during DCs reign has been. 

He'd manage to blow £50 million on crap and leave us in a worse state than before. 

Hopefully we're more knowledgeable now and so far the three lads that have come in look like good business and quality signings. Though we're they down to Bruce??

Whos taking charge of incoming transfers now he's rolled up the A1 to Newcastle?? 

It's OK if the stars align and everything works out like at wolves, but if it doesn't like with forest a few years ago and Derby it takes a while to dig yourself back out of the hole and start again. 

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

who's been massively undervalued?

Any one of our players over the past couple of seasons. Because of the embargo threat the desire to get rid of our players for any price has become a running theme. You see other clubs asking for 10mill + for players off the back of a single good season yet someone suggests a similar figure for one of ours the place goes into meltdown.

We should stop feeling grateful when another club open with a derisory offer & recognise that the club have an asking price they are willing to sell at, we as fans have no right to demand they lower that because we don’t rate their contribution to the team.