Ambition -Lets Put This Into Perspective

4 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

1/Cocu was appointed  within a week of Lampard leaving ! Derby knew he was going!

2 cocu won the Top Dutch league 3 times in 4 years as a manager. In pretty much a 2 horse race division.

3/ easiest start on paper that we could have hoped for , he will get points in the first month that's nailed on - The same applies for any manager

As I have said No Ambition 

Define ambition? A named manager that if he has a decent season will get poached by another PL club? 

Some people will literally use any opportunity to criticise the club, and off the back of winning our opening game of the season.

Bully should be judged on his record, not judged by you thinking that because he hasn't had a career at the top end of the game he brings nothing to the table.

I don't mind the delay. Why rush and end up with someone underwhelming or unsuitable?

Bullen is a capable caretaker/coach that the players respect. If we can't get someone proven like Hughton or Cook or a foreign manager with pedigree like GVB or Tedesco, then just leave Bullen in charge and see what he can do. I'd rather give Bullen a chance, instead of settling for someone who was decent several years ago (such as a Pulis or Ollie) or someone average that's never got anyone promoted at any level (such as Rowett or Monk).

Yes, we should show ambition but we should also be smart too, so I don't mind waiting.

Edited by The Night-Owl

58 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying there.  One of the problems we seem to have with Chansiri from the outside looking in is an inability to grasp a situation quickly. Things always seem to take an age to happen if they ever do? I always expected from the day Bruce resigned that 3 weeks on we'd be still looking for a manager and the longer things stay as they are the more likely he'll go with Bullen? Almost 5 years as a football club owner and he still doesn't seem to understand the constant changes that occur in the game and the need to be flexible and re-active in order to stay ahead in the game?

This must be a different Mel  Morris to the one who employed McLaren not once but twice and a succession of other failed manager who is now looking to waste more millions on Wayne Rooney the master coach!

ignore the facts and write a critical comment!

All these now we have beaten Reading , banging on about how bad Reading are, I will tell you now less than 10 teams will win ar Reading this year, there are no easy gimme games in the Championship!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

This must be a different Mel  Morris to the one who employed McLaren not once but twice and a succession of other failed manager who is now looking to waste more millions on Wayne Rooney the master coach!

ignore the facts and write a critical comment!

All these now we have beaten Reading , banging on about how bad Reading are, I will tell you now less than 10 teams will win ar Reading this year, there are no easy gimme games in the Championship!

Where have I mentioned Mel Morris or Reading in my post? If you think Chansiri is faster than Road Runner when it comes to making decisions then I'd love to live in your world where 'the moon is most likely made of cheese' and 'sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere' is probably played constantly on the radio? :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

1/Cocu was appointed  within a week of Lampard leaving !

2 cocu won the Top Dutch league 3 times in 4 years as a manager

3/ easiest start on paper that we could have hoped for , he will get points in the first month that's nailed on

go and support derby then you can critisize them when they go belly up again

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

1/Cocu was appointed  within a week of Lampard leaving !

2 cocu won the Top Dutch league 3 times in 4 years as a manager

3/ easiest start on paper that we could have hoped for , he will get points in the first month that's nailed on

No ambition??? We've been blowing most Championship clubs out of water with wages for past 3 or 4 years. 

2 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Let's put this into perspective 

Owls and Rams faced the same problem, Carpet ripped from under their feet prior to the start of the season 

Both managers poached by Premier League  Clubs 

Mel Morris Reaction

Derby County 

Phillip Cocu

Won 3 Eredevise 

Won the Dutch Cup

101 international Caps for his country

Massive scouting network 

In Talks to bring Wayne Rooney as a Player Coach

Mr Chansiri Reaction 

Lee Bullen 

No experience in management except caretaker 

Played lower division football 

Can anybody please tell me which Club has got the most ambition 

We have got probably the easiest start to the division we have ever had and the disturbing thing for me is that Bullen will get the job on the strength of it 

Gutted

You missed one, they signed Jacob Butterfield.  :tango:

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying there.  One of the problems we seem to have with Chansiri from the outside looking in is an inability to grasp a situation quickly. Things always seem to take an age to happen if they ever do? I always expected from the day Bruce resigned that 3 weeks on we'd be still looking for a manager and the longer things stay as they are the more likely he'll go with Bullen? Almost 5 years as a football club owner and he still doesn't seem to understand the constant changes that occur in the game and the need to be flexible and re-active in order to stay ahead in the game?

Indeed-agree to all that. Managing an organisation or project takes timely and sage intervention. Foreseeing situations or at least reacting quickly is to issues is key. DC is very much a ditherer in command. Irrespective of the good sentiment and relative high regard he is held, you cannot say he seems to have a grip or be decisive. Everything he does seems to be in reaction to the actions of other clubs.

To be fair Derby knew that Chelsea were sniffing around lampard and therefore were preparing for the inevitable departure, were able to sound out the potential replacement in advance. 

However we were blindsided, the chairman was ready for a season of Bruce in charge and planning with him what we needed. So why would the chairman  have been looking at possible appointments or contingency. He has also had his fingered burned with Bruce so is treading cautiously. In his eyes Bullen is a safe pair of hand knows the club, players and fans expectation and is loyal. Which gives him time to:

A) find the right appointment

B) see how Bullen gets on If doing alright becomes a cheaper option with regards to P&S.

either way i don’t think he will win with the fan base, both scenarios with not sit well with sections of our supporters. All we can do is get behind the team and who ever is in charge and strap ourselves in for a rollercoaster of a season 

Hiring a big name with experience isn't the definition of a good manager hire. Lots of examples on either side of it working and not working. Case against De Boer at Palace, case for Zidane Real etc etc

As for differences. Derby have just come off a play-off final and do not have an embargo. We finished 12th and did have an embargo.

For all we know Chansiri walked up to his number 1 choice immediatlely and asked and he said no (Hughton) Who else is out there? Are we really saying Van Bronckhurst?

Lets not all turn on Chansiri here. The list of out of work managers is slim pickings and the 1 we mostly all wanted has said he is happy out of work currently, which after such a long spell at Brighton is fair enough.

Aim any frustration you have at the snake who did one so close to the season starting. Leaving us with the list of available managers that we have.

Cocu, could be great, Cocu could be out of work by Xmas.

Lets just see.

Guest Ferkorf
4 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

We have got probably the easiest start to the division we have ever had and the disturbing thing for me is that Bullen will get the job on the strength of it 

I literally can't stress this enough.

The real season starts away at huddersfield when we hit a run of harder games.

All these up to then are winnable games.... easily winnable...

And thats with anybody in charge of the team.

2 hours ago, nickswfc said:

What a stupid post.

Derby knew Lampard was leaving way before we knew Bruce was.

Bullen isn't our permanent manager yet.

Cocu hasn't achieved anything yet at Derby.

Rooney is a rumour.

What a stupid post 

It was only a couple of weeks before Cocu was made permanent after the rumours started about lampard 

Nobody has said that Bullen is the permanent manager yet

My argument is with the fact that he will probably get the job with a few good results against unfancied teams 

If they  brought Alex Ferguson in he wouldn't have won anything yet, but you would be much more likely too over time with his record 

Oh and Rooney isn't a rumour 

Hes at Pride Park as we speak and looking very likely to be playing and coaching at Derby very shortly

18 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I literally can't stress this enough.

The real season starts away at huddersfield when we hit a run of harder games.

All these up to then are winnable games.... easily winnable...

And thats with anybody in charge of the team.

WOW, another one. 

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Where have I mentioned Mel Morris or Reading in my post? If you think Chansiri is faster than Road Runner when it comes to making decisions then I'd love to live in your world where 'the moon is most likely made of cheese' and 'sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere' is probably played constantly on the radio? :rolleyes:

Apologies GBG I tagged the wrong quote!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Let's put this into perspective 

Owls and Rams faced the same problem, Carpet ripped from under their feet prior to the start of the season 

Both managers poached by Premier League  Clubs 

Mel Morris Reaction

Derby County 

Phillip Cocu

Won 3 Eredevise 

Won the Dutch Cup

101 international Caps for his country

Massive scouting network 

In Talks to bring Wayne Rooney as a Player Coach

Mr Chansiri Reaction 

Lee Bullen 

No experience in management except caretaker 

Played lower division football 

Can anybody please tell me which Club has got the most ambition 

Gutted

Ridiculous post. And here's why.

Mell Morris has already thrown everything at it once and failed. Hence the isses with Profit and Sustainability. He sold the family silver to himself (Pride Park) and circumvented the rules to get Derby out of the brown stuff. Thing is, once the family silver's gone, it's gone. That was a one shot deal. He's obviously now throwing everything at it again, Cocu and his staff won't come cheap, their wage bill hasn't gone down and how much do you think Rooney (a has-been who couldn't even get a game in a struggling Everton team) will be on per week? I thought we were doing away with ex premier league players in their 30s after another pay day? What's he going to sell next time? Nothing, because he won't have anything to sell to himself. It's like he's going double siht or bust which is fine......IF they get promoted.

I'm happy with our approach, we've used that same approach and got out of jail once, let's not risk the club again and try to do things sensibly. It's got nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with common sense and protecting the club. Do you think the EFL will be so understanding if we fall foul of the regulations again? If I was a Derby fan I'd be very worried.

Edited by Steelman
  • Like 1