Ambition -Lets Put This Into Perspective

Let's put this into perspective 

Owls and Rams faced the same problem, Carpet ripped from under their feet prior to the start of the season 

Both managers poached by Premier League  Clubs 

Mel Morris Reaction

Derby County 

Phillip Cocu

Won 3 Eredevise 

Won the Dutch Cup

101 international Caps for his country

Massive scouting network 

In Talks to bring Wayne Rooney as a Player Coach

Mr Chansiri Reaction 

Lee Bullen 

No experience in management except caretaker 

Played lower division football 

Can anybody please tell me which Club has got the most ambition 

We have got probably the easiest start to the division we have ever had and the disturbing thing for me is that Bullen will get the job on the strength of it 

Gutted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Owls and Rams faced the same problem, Carpet ripped from under their feet prior to the start of the season 

Mel Morris Reaction

Derby County 

Phillip Cocu

Won 3 Eredevise 

Won the Dutch Cup

Massive scouting network 

Mr Chansiri Reaction 

Lee Bullen 

We have got probably the easiest start to the division we have ever had and the disturbing thing for me is that Bullen will get the job on the strength of it 

Gutted

I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying there.  One of the problems we seem to have with Chansiri from the outside looking in is an inability to grasp a situation quickly. Things always seem to take an age to happen if they ever do? I always expected from the day Bruce resigned that 3 weeks on we'd be still looking for a manager and the longer things stay as they are the more likely he'll go with Bullen? Almost 5 years as a football club owner and he still doesn't seem to understand the constant changes that occur in the game and the need to be flexible and re-active in order to stay ahead in the game?

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying there.  One of the problems we seem to have with Chansiri from the outside looking in is inability to grasp a situation quickly. Things always seem to take an age to happen if they ever do? I always expected from the day Bruce resigned that 3 weeks on we'd be still looking for a manager and the longer things stay as they are the more likely he'll go with Bullen? Almost 5 years as a football club owner and he still doesn't seem to understand the constant changes that occur in the game and the need to be flexible and re-active in order to stay ahead in the game?

Great Post !

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying there.  One of the problems we seem to have with Chansiri from the outside looking in is inability to grasp a situation quickly. Things always seem to take an age to happen if they ever do? I always expected from the day Bruce resigned that 3 weeks on we'd be still looking for a manager and the longer things stay as they are the more likely he'll go with Bullen? Almost 5 years as a football club owner and he still doesn't seem to understand the constant changes that occur in the game and the need to be flexible and re-active in order to stay ahead in the game?

Have we got our compensation from newcastle yet?

Cocu's won 1 game as Derby manager so far, hardly appointment of the season yet is it? 

I wouldn't be satisfied with appointing a 'named' manager on the basis of what they've done in their playing career, sooner have someone that wants the job, and will give it their all whilst having it. 

The difference between Derby and ourselves is that we literally had no time to react to a situation forced upon us by 2 unscrupulous people involved in the whole saga. 

Chansiri's playing this the right way for me, don't upset things unless absolutely necessary. It should be Bullen's job to claim, if he proves over the coming weeks he has the players onside, and the results follow.

• Like 1

Phillip Cocu is obviously a big name and a good coach but I get the feeling his is not suited to the Championship and will soon be off. Be very surprised if he is still at Derby next season.
Have to agree though with some other posters that it is taking us too long to resolve the managers position. 

27 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Cocu's won 1 game as Derby manager so far, hardly appointment of the season yet is it? 

I wouldn't be satisfied with appointing a 'named' manager on the basis of what they've done in their playing career, sooner have someone that wants the job, and will give it their all whilst having it. 

The difference between Derby and ourselves is that we literally had no time to react to a situation forced upon us by 2 unscrupulous people involved in the whole saga. 

Chansiri's playing this the right way for me, don't upset things unless absolutely necessary. It should be Bullen's job to claim, if he proves over the coming weeks he has the players onside, and the results follow.

1/Cocu was appointed  within a week of Lampard leaving !

2 cocu won the Top Dutch league 3 times in 4 years as a manager

3/ easiest start on paper that we could have hoped for , he will get points in the first month that's nailed on

As I have said No Ambition 

1 minute ago, Bluey9 said:

3/ easiest start on paper that we could have hoped for , he will get points in the first month that's nailed on

So you think our team couldn't have dealt with Derby or Huddersfield based on last nights performance ?  That's without a manager...mind you any excuse to have a pop at the club and chairman.

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

Mel Morris Reaction

Derby County 

Phillip Cocu

Won 3 Eredevise 

Won the Dutch Cup

Massive scouting network 

Mr Chansiri Reaction 

Lee Bullen 

Gutted

So? Derby aren't exactly a model of success

7 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

I don't think it's a lack of ambition getting a new manager. 
More a case of no outstanding candidate we can attract coupled with a bit of indecisiveness from the owner.

Edited by matthefish2002

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

The arrogance/ignorance towards other teams in this division.......... Wow. 

• Like 1