Bristol City in for Rhodes!

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

If we are making some space in the squad and freeing up wages I understand Rhodes going.

But I personally would say goodbye to winnall and nuhiu first.

Talking of getting rid of people I'd chin Fox, Pelelpussy and Van aken off aswell 

and bring in 3 loan players to cover whatever they bring to the squad

Think you have to be realistic about this. You can only sell if there is demand.

Where are the offers for Winnall, Nuhiu, Fox, Pelupessy and Van Aken likely to come from in the next 48 hours??

The club needs millions in to avoid another embargo.

Looks like they can achieve this now, and if they can bring in more like Harris and Iorfa they will be on the way to achieving just that.

Just chinning off players as you describe it costs big money all in one go to pay off contracts.

Guest Ferkorf
30 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Question is whose daft enough to take these players ???? Do you honestly think clubs are queing up to buy Fox Nuhui Winnall Pelepussy and Van Aken . WTF:

No but could at least try getting them out of the door instead of offering out the better players first.

Derby wanted winnall not too long back... sure some dutch clubs would happily take those two back... nuhiu was linked to norway last month...

And fox... well.... sure salford could have him

31 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Question is whose daft enough to take these players ???? Do you honestly think clubs are queing up to buy Fox Nuhui Winnall Pelepussy and Van Aken . WTF:

Fox could get a move - look at how Wiggins managed to get a move to Premiership Bournemouth !!! Winnall is a goalscorer and anyone who does he research will look at his time with us and realise that he has never been given the playing time. Bottom end of champ (Barnsley would be ideal now I think - not that they'd have him back) or top end of League 1 (Sunderland ?) would be a great move for him. He'd play and score.

Pelupessy and van Aken will be able to get moves back to Holland, although we will have to take losses. Nuhiu and Fletcher will see out there contracts here though I agree.

Guest Ferkorf
13 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Think you have to be realistic about this. You can only sell if there is demand.

Where are the offers for Winnall, Nuhiu, Fox, Pelupessy and Van Aken likely to come from in the next 48 hours??

The club needs millions in to avoid another embargo.

Looks like they can achieve this now, and if they can bring in more like Harris and Iorfa they will be on the way to achieving just that.

Just chinning off players as you describe it costs big money all in one go to pay off contracts.

Chinning off doesn't mean releasing. 

It would be nice to know we are attempting to offload deadwood instead of waiting for contracts to run out.

If we arent getting good deals for joao and rhodes I would rather keep them.

Not really happy with the club selling our better players and keeping the crap ones. I support Wednesday not Barnsley

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Fox could get a move - look at how Wiggins managed to get a move to Premiership Bournemouth !!! Winnall is a goalscorer and anyone who does he research will look at his time with us and realise that he has never been given the playing time. Bottom end of champ (Barnsley would be ideal now I think - not that they'd have him back) or top end of League 1 (Sunderland ?) would be a great move for him. He'd play and score.

Pelupessy and van Aken will be able to get moves back to Holland, although we will have to take losses. Nuhiu and Fletcher will see out there contracts here though I agree.

Wouldnt want rid of Fletcher as he leads the line and is key to our offensive plans. Fox and premier league not a cat in hells chance.Winnall league 1 at best as no team in the championship is interested since his bad injury.Then in that league only Sunderland and Pompey got any money. As for the dutch pair only Ajax have money in that league these days. Dont think they will be very interested. To sell a player we need some interest and it seems very lacking in the above. We would have to let them go for free basically even then their contracts may put other teams off.

58 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

No one cus he's cr@p

Reread my post

I've ask those who asking your question ,was they all demanding DC give him a new contract? 

People thinking he deserved a new contract influenced nothing. I would have let him go but at end of the day he stays and he gets my support.

Looks like lots of interest in him. Probably best for him to move on as Fletch is miles ahead of the other strikers at the club. A really ill advised fee paid for what seems like a really nice and grounded individual. But probably best for all if he moves on. Might get game time at Birmingham so if i was him i would go there.

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling Rhodes and joao then keeping nu-hope and winnall is mindboggling to me 

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

This

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling Rhodes and joao then keeping nu-hope and winnall is mindboggling to me 

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

I'm seriously baffled, some idiots on Twitter seem happy were selling our most talented forward so Sam Winnall can get more of a chance, one of the most limited strikers in the league.

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm seriously baffled, some idiots on Twitter seem happy were selling our most talented forward so Sam Winnall can get more of a chance, one of the most limited strikers in the league.

I think that's a bit harsh. Before his injury we was playing well and scoring goals for Derby, before that scoring goals for fun at Barnsley. 

We bought him for peanuts and his reported wage low, compared to others, so does offer value for money. That said, I do agree that he's struggled since his injury, but then again hasn't had a run of games. 

18 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

"Most talented forward" !!! :laugh:

He's a one trick pony who has forgotten what that trick is for almost four years now. Nuhiu has scored more goals than him in the last two years as well.

Anyway, regardless of that, the club needs to generate/save some serious money before next summer to avoid a transfer embargo. If we can get a deal for Rhodes that helps in that regard it would make perfect business sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If we can shift Rhodes on with all these clubs coming in for a "4 year flop", just imagine how much we can get for the likes of Nuhiu, who has a better goals/minute ratio than Rhodes over the last 4 years!! WE ARE RICH!!!

#sarcasm

Nuhiu won't go down as one of the worst single pieces of business in the club's history. Rhodes will.

Keep spinning loyal cult member.

41 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldnt want rid of Fletcher as he leads the line and is key to our offensive plans. Fox and premier league not a cat in hells chance.Winnall league 1 at best as no team in the championship is interested since his bad injury.Then in that league only Sunderland and Pompey got any money. As for the dutch pair only Ajax have money in that league these days. Dont think they will be very interested. To sell a player we need some interest and it seems very lacking in the above. We would have to let them go for free basically even then their contracts may put other teams off.

If someone would take Fletchers wage off our hands id rather lose him than Joao. Fox has got no chance of prem what I was saying is if Wiggins can get a move so can Fox. Were gonna be talking 500k for Winnall there are a few that could afford that in League one.

Are you really expecting much money for the dutch pair ? Id be happy with them leaving on loan covering there wages !

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Nuhiu won't go down as one of the worst single pieces of business in the club's history. Rhodes will.

Keep spinning loyal cult member.

Nuhiu won't ever be sold for the money Rhodes has - nor will he ever be sold for what Rhodes goes for from Wednesday.

Keep spinning Nuhiu is better than Rhodes.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

If someone would take Fletchers wage off our hands id rather lose him than Joao. Fox has got no chance of prem what I was saying is if Wiggins can get a move so can Fox. Were gonna be talking 500k for Winnall there are a few that could afford that in League one.

Are you really expecting much money for the dutch pair ? Id be happy with them leaving on loan covering there wages !

Might be a bit of longer term planning. Bring in decent money for Joao, who is still struggling with consistency, and Fletcher's contract is up next summer so saying £40k/week on him. Keep Fletcher this season, look to fill Joao's place with a loan striker for the season, and then we might have more flexibility to freshen the squad next summer.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Not expecting much for any of them. Dont agree on Fletcher though as we have no one to replace him. Joao cant play the target man role and that seems to be the way we are setting up. As for players dropping down leagues not while we are paying fat contracts here. They wont go playing or not.