Bristol City in for Rhodes!

Was hoping Bristol would be interested after their big player sales. 

Not sure he'll ever get a chance here with us and 5 other strikers, shame as he looks proper sharp and prepped this pre-season, think he'll do well given a regular run in any team. 

I'd happily have Rhodes off the wage bill but not sure about losing him and Joao. Lets make sure we have a 'cant play against us clause' for the rest of his career tho!

18 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

For those saying we can't get nuhiu off the books,where you part of the short sighted mob who where crying out for him to get a fresh new contract after a purple patch rather than looking at the full picture?

Decisions like this from the club have got us in the mess in the first place 

Btw Rhodes last 3 main managers

Karanka,Carlos and jos ,3 most negative managers behind pulis 

Bench warmer at Norwich last season and still outscored nuhiu,winnall,Fernando, hooper

Top scorer in preseason

Bristol have money to burn and choosing to approach Rhodes,PREMIER LEAGUE Norwich interested, yet the experts on here say he's finished 

Finally got wingers who can cross and people want rid 

Who has shown an interest in Nuhiu and bid for him?

We need those to sell him ya know.

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

If we are making some space in the squad and freeing up wages I understand Rhodes going.

But I personally would say goodbye to winnall and nuhiu first.

Talking of getting rid of people I'd chin Fox, Pelelpussy and Van aken off aswell 

and bring in 3 loan players to cover whatever they bring to the squad

Question is whose daft enough to take these players ???? Do you honestly think clubs are queing up to buy Fox Nuhui Winnall Pelepussy and Van Aken . WTF:

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling Rhodes and joao then keeping nu-hope and winnall is mindboggling to me 

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

I imagine we’re trying to offload Winnall aswell. Nuhiu and Fletcher are here until there contracts are up unfortunately. But we need another striker in the Joao mould but consistent ! 

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Who has shown an interest in Nuhiu and bid for him?

We need those to sell him ya know.

No one cus he's cr@p

Reread my post

I've ask those who asking your question ,was they all demanding DC give him a new contract? 

Hopefully with the likes of Swansea and Bristol City now supposedly interested in Rhodes, clubs that have recently received big fees for players. That might force Norwich's hand or it might be a better outcome, if they are in fact interested, because we know those clubs have money to spend. Norwich trying to get him on the cheap was worrying but we thought they were the only club interested. Hopefully we can get nearer to what DC wants for him. 

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling Rhodes and joao then keeping nu-hope and winnall is mindboggling to me 

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

I hear what you are saying but you can only sell players that other clubs want to buy.

9 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I've ask those who asking your question ,was they all demanding DC give him a new contract? 

I’m not a Nuhiu basher, but I don’t think anyone wanted / expected for Nuhiu to get a 2 year deal. 

1 year would have been enough. 

As for Winnall, I’m not sure why we bought him - other than to try and make a profit... but as it stands he doesn’t play and he’s on better wages than clubs would want to match. 

So that’s why they are still here. 

Add their sale value together and it’s about £950k. 

Edited by Kopparberg
Wrote badger instead of basher.

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m not a Nuhiu badger, but I don’t think anyone wanted / expected for Nuhiu to get a 2 year deal. 

1 year would have been enough. 

As for Winnall, I’m not sure why we bought him - other than to try and make a profit... but as it stands he doesn’t play and he’s on better wages than clubs would want to match. 

So that’s why they are still here. 

Add their sale value together and it’s about £950k. 

I don't reckon we knew we were about to find Rhodes available at the time

Swansea and Birmingham are also said to be interested in Rhodes. All 3 of these clubs have money to spend and they could be interested or Wednesday doing a good job at putting sweats on Norwich who are trying to do Premier League on a budget and are assured of relegation in 12 months time. Bristol City like to sell at top price but pay rock bottom. They were courting Joao and had offered peanuts unfortunately somebody came in and made realistic offer for player. I could see them sniffing around Rhodes thinking bargain may be had. 

We are obviously pulling in cash for something. Considering we made a profit with at least £4 million from Bruce, and possible Joao and Rhodes sales plus unloading several very high earners off books  We certainly willhave some money to do business with I just hope it is used sensibly.