Bloxwich Owl

Bristol City in for Rhodes!

Last night Bristol City were being credited with an interest in Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes.

Pete O’Rourke - who has a great record on breaking Bristol City transfer news - reported that the Robins are one of the teams in for Rhodes.

However, Premier League Norwich City look to be in the driving seat there.

Brilliant. Auction, hopefully that'll recover more value. 

• Agree 5

Joao and Rhodes will be able to run halfway down the M4 to see each other.  Joao will probably arrive a few hours before Rhodes.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Last night Bristol City were being credited with an interest in Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes.

Pete O’Rourke - who has a great record on breaking Bristol City transfer news - reported that the Robins are one of the teams in for Rhodes.

However, Premier League Norwich City look to be in the driving seat there.

I imagine that because you have posted this twice elsewhere and now made a new thread, you are pretty excited by this?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We neee money to avoid yet another embargo and hopefully bring some players in too. If you can broker s £5m+ deal for Nuhui then I’m sure Chansiri will be all ears. Otherwise, what are we supposed to do?

We could always give Club 1867 another go...

• Agree 1
  • Haha 4

Need the cash & don't care if he leaves but rather norwich than doing bristol any favours. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I imagine that because you have posted this twice elsewhere and now made a new thread, you are pretty excited by this?!

Not particularly - it would have been a lot easier if posters had stuck to one transfer thread.

• Confused 1

If we get any decent offer for Rhodes we have to accept.

£3M for me and get his wages off the bill and then DC just has to write off that as a terrible signing. Hopefully he'll get that money back if / when we get promoted. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Selling Rhodes and joao then keeping nu-hope and winnall is mindboggling to me 

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

Cos they're queing up to sign those two.

• Agree 2

If we are making some space in the squad and freeing up wages I understand Rhodes going.

But I personally would say goodbye to winnall and nuhiu first.

Talking of getting rid of people I'd chin Fox, Pelelpussy and Van aken off aswell 

and bring in 3 loan players to cover whatever they bring to the squad

It’s time he moved on.

30 next year, out of contract in the Summer, done very little of note in his time with us and on mad wages.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

We best have some profilic goalscorer linedup or its lowermidtable at best for us 

Fletcher winnall nuhiu and Fernando ain't good enough to get us where we need to be  

Nether is Rhodes or (most of the time) Joao

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lee A said:

The amount of people who don't understand that somebody has to want to buy a player before you can sell him, is the mindboggling thing here.

Easy innit just add manager, take over another club with dosh to spend them submit £25 million bids for Nuhiu and Winnall?

• Haha 4

Really hoping we can get Rhodes off the wage bill pronto with a nice juicy transfer fee thrown in.

That would be a big relief after 2 and a half seasons of one of the biggest transfer flops in our recent history.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Really hoping we can get Rhodes off the wage bill pronto with a nice juicy transfer fee thrown in.

That would be a big relief after 2 and a half seasons of one of the biggest transfer flops in our recent history.

One of the biggest and Jeffers will always be number one :biggrin:

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Not quite as simple as that, is it? Teams have to want to buy said players...

• Agree 1