Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

If the fee is £5M plus then this is good business. Yes he has talent but how often do you see it? Hopefully helps us use some of money to get players in for areas we need addressing.

I hear Nuhiu is helping with his bags, might get an offer whilst he’s down there. lol

Bit of a sideways move for him. Thought if he was to leave he would go to a better team than Reading. Guess we won’t know the fee but hope it’s at least 5 million. Just hope we can spend some of the money on improving several positions in the squad. Would love us to move on Nuhiu and Winnall next. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, Daz said:

You say ‘strengthen in other areas’, but my concern is that there are nowhere near enough goals in our remaining strikers or midfield, hence we need to add a goal scorer who can score more than Joao has. Joao’s goals ratio for minutes on the pitch is pretty impressive so I’m just hoping that if he goes, that we need to not only replace those goals, but improve on them. I find it worrying when other strikers appear to be remaining while he is shipped out and is only 25.

We can only sell players who other teams bid for. I'm sure we'd love to keep João and sell Nuhiu in order to keep the P&S wolf from the door, but it seems nobody wants to offer us too much for him.

If we need to replace João's goals, then Rhodes' goal scoring ratio was very similar to João's last season, so he could have a similar impact from the bench.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit of a sideways move for him. Thought if he was to leave he would go to a better team than Reading. Guess we won’t know the fee but hope it’s at least 5 million. Just hope we can spend some of the money on improving several positions in the squad. Would love us to move on Nuhiu and Winnall next. 

Sideways?  More like a bloody massive downwards plunge.  

If we can get 9 million between Joao and Rhodes and those wages off the books then that's cracking business.

There's real talent in the Premiership reserve teams waiting to be picked up. I would be looking to pick up another winger or two in the Harris mould so we can really utilise the current formation. It certainly plays to our strengths. 

I think these sales could make the team more rounded on a whole and obviously benefit us financially.

• Like 2

Wonder if we will try and bring another striker in. Joao offered something different to the rest of our strikers that we could do with replacing. Even though we need to move players on I feel a bit gutted about this. Was a quality goal he scored against Reading on Saturday. 

Guest mkowl
4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The fee is undisclosed to who ? How the f can they (the EFL) work out profit & Sustainability and FFP when so many deals are undisclosed.

The McDonnell school of accounting would have trouble I guess

Guest mkowl
7 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Joao might want to leave .

A lot in that as most players don't want to be sat on the subs bench or first to be dropped.

Good luck to the lad if he goes 

If you consider last season we were in so much trouble we may not have been able to renew Joao’s contract and he could have been lost for nothing then any significant fee in what I assume is his last year or contract is a win for the club. 

It may feel bit unusual as we haven’t sold an asset in what feels like forever but that’s the exact reason we almost lost the ability to renew his contract and in turn lose him for nowt! 

We’re still in a fixing state as a club and need to reset. This years business so far has been sensible and a few sales would enhance this massively.  

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Thing that worries me is that joao is a doyen "client" unless I'm mistaken. 

Let's just pray that there's

something left from the fee when paxos' vultures have had their slice :ph34r:

Might go against what we owe them on other transfer fees they could have funded.

Who knows what devil is in the detail

Be a bit disappointed as he’s our only striker with any pace, Rhodes , nuihu and fletcher possibly being the three slowest forwards in the league. Having said that , he flatters to deceive more often than not . If it’s a good offer and we are going to reinvest elsewhere than it could be good business all round 

Just now, james o connor said:

Be a bit disappointed as he’s our only striker with any pace, Rhodes , nuihu and fletcher possibly being the three slowest forwards in the league. Having said that , he flatters to deceive more often than not . If it’s a good offer and we are going to reinvest elsewhere than it could be good business all round 

Thats the key. As long as we reinvest in areas that need strengthening, its good business.