Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The fee is undisclosed to who ? How the f can they (the EFL) work out profit & Sustainability and FFP when so many deals are undisclosed.

It's in the books but not disclosed to the public. Will appear in the accounts so by the time we find out how much it's very, very old news. To paraphrase the old saying:

"A good way to bury bad news!"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, evaD said:

Unless it really is a substantially fee (which I'm doubting since it's Reading), then this would be very disappointing. 

That's my fear.

Let's hope that Brizzle (who were rumoured to be interested a couple of months back) rekindle their interest now that they have 20 mill burning a hole in their pockets, similarly maybe Brentford who just got a similar amount for Maupay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

"We need to sell players"

*Club finally agrees to sell a player*

"No, not that player" 

Because to me he’s our most talented forward and definitely number 2 overall behind Fletcher who is knocking on a bit.  I’d much rather we sold one or two of the others. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Because to me he’s our most talented forward and definitely number 2 overall behind Fletcher who is knocking on a bit.  I’d much rather we sold one or two of the others. 

But be honest Ricky, he hasn't shown any consistency in the four years he's been here regardless of manager or chances given. So what makes you think he'll change given that unless he is a starter all the time he basically wants out?

When Madine goes for 6m, we are rumored to let someone go for less than 3m who scored 10 goals in a team which were poor for a good part of the season.

We will have to see what happens but how are we going to replace those goals - with good wing supply Joao has the potential to score more than 10 this season.

Feel very disappointed if this turns out to be true. Fletcher is not going to score enough and neither are any of the others, so we better have somebody decent planned to replace him.

He's a talented player, but he's never seemed reliable enough to cement his place as a guaranteed starter. The fact that nobody other than Reading appears to be after him probably tells us a lot.

If they're offering a decent fee which allows us to strengthen the squad in other areas, then so be it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daz said:

When Madine goes for 6m, we are rumored to let someone go for less than 3m who scored 10 goals in a team which were poor for a good part of the season.

We will have to see what happens but how are we going to replace those goals - with good wing supply Joao has the potential to score more than 10 this season.

Feel very disappointed if this turns out to be true. Fletcher is not going to score enough and neither are any of the others, so we better have somebody decent planned to replace him.

Where has the notion that the fee is less than £3m come from?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's a talented player, but he's never seemed reliable enough to cement his place as a guaranteed starter. The fact that nobody other than Reading appears to be after him probably tells us a lot.

If they're offering a decent fee which allows us to strengthen the squad in other areas, then so be it.

You say ‘strengthen in other areas’, but my concern is that there are nowhere near enough goals in our remaining strikers or midfield, hence we need to add a goal scorer who can score more than Joao has. Joao’s goals ratio for minutes on the pitch is pretty impressive so I’m just hoping that if he goes, that we need to not only replace those goals, but improve on them. I find it worrying when other strikers appear to be remaining while he is shipped out and is only 25.

I think it's about time for him to go, he's been here far to long and he need to move on and so do we. Hopfully a few more will leave in the coming day allowing us to freshen up the squad, we have to start to run this football club properly and not just hoard players. We need to balance the books and make some hard decisions for the sake of the team

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Not happy to be honest

He scores goals and offers us something different

Would have rather we sold Winnall/Rhodes/Nuhiu

Me too but my guess is fee is in region of £5m which clubs won't pay for any of them three. 

Probably means we can now sign Michael Hector which is what we need. 

Guest wilyfox

I'll be sad to see him leave. He's not one of the strikers I'd have sacrificed. He does frustrate with inconsistency, but I do believe he has a big season in him. Having put 4yrs into his development, someone else will bear the fruits of that which is disappointing. I suppose the realisation is that if he goes it's because he wants to, and I only want committed players whom want to be here. I just hope we're getting a good deal - because we should.