Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

FFP dictates that we have to move someone on. 

If Reading are willing to splash a sizeable fee, then it's a no brainer. 

Shame in some respects, as he is extremely talented. 

Have to say I thought he'd attract better than Reading. Might be plying his trade in League One if he's not careful. 

It is also worth remembering that he was reported to have handed in a transfer request earlier in the summer, so perhaps he's forced our hand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

FFP dictates that we have to move someone on. 

If Reading are willing to splash a sizeable fee, then it's a no brainer. 

Shame in some respects, as he is extremely talented. 

Have to say I thought he'd attract better than Reading. Might be plying his trade in League One if he's not careful. 

It is also worth remembering that he was reported to have handed in a transfer request earlier in the summer, so perhaps he's forced our hand. 

But sizable to dom could be 3 million.

lol

Depends on the transfer fee and who we use the money to get, if we can get Hector, a left back, a centre mid and maybe even another pacy winger (maybe 3 loans?), we could be much stronger as a team

Edited by Guest

Just now, pazowl55 said:

But sizable to dom could be 3 million.

lol

True. 

This is Chansiri we are talking about though and the guy has two or three years left on his contract. 

Reckon we will have got a decent amount for him. 

I guess we should hope Joao’s performance down there encouraged DC to ask for more and Reading to be inclined to pay it. 

He’s talented but inconsistent we know that. I still think there will be coach’s out there thinking they can address that and be prepared to risk it.

Edited by Morepork

Weirdly, I'd be more annoyed if we sold him to one of the better teams in the division. 

For the life of me, I can't see the attraction of joining Reading. 

Pretty decent chance they are relegation fodder. 

The flip-flopping on here is insane lol

When we're not able to splash the cash on players we actually need it's always blamed on Chansiri never being willing to sell players when their stock is high. When we're seemingly about to receive serious cash for a player who, let's all be honest for a moment, puts in a performance every 5 appearances at best, we should be jumping for joy.

Even if all this does is allow us to basically swap Joao for Hector then that is astoundingly good business, especially considering our overload on strikers and lack of CBs. It's that good of a deal I don't actually believe it could possibly happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

We need to sell our poorer or older players. We have 6 strikers take out Forestieri and I’d rather we sell any of the other four than Joao

Yeah, I don't think it works like that. 

You don't get to dictate who clubs are interested in. 

Just now, Utah Owl said:

I'll be livid if the fee is undisclosed because that usually means we've been shafted (again).

Aren't a large number of fees undisclosed these days? 

Usually the press catch wind of ballpark figures, but that's about it. 

Joao dont start for us and is always a bit hit and miss.

Having said that we dont have a player like him that can change a game from the bench. Forestieri will have to step up I guess.

But aslong as we ain't been ripped off with the fee then it's a good move. 

Allows us to get others more needed in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We need to sell our poorer or older players. We have 6 strikers take out Forestieri and I’d rather we sell any of the other four than Joao

But someone has to want to sign our poorer or older players.