Jump to content
RichieB

Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

Recommended Posts

If Joao wants to leave and the money is being offered, we do right to move him on.

 

Just a shame because I think Joao could realise his potential this season. He’s at the right age now. Good luck to the lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richowl said:

None of our remaining strikers have the talent & technical ability that Joao possesses.

 

Antonio used to receive the same stick about his work rate (some of it justified on both accounts) and we all know how that ended up.

 

5m-7m is a great price for reading imo.

 

 

 

Sorry mate. Unless they can transplant his brain, he isn't going to change. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why is that that virtually none of our signings or sales have a disclosed fee? Yes we are given a rough amount or it comes out in the wash but everyone else seems to publish the fees. Why is it always such a secret with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if we sell Joao, Hector shouldn’t be the top priority. Need to find a winger or an attacker who has pace and trickery. 

 

Should look at splashing our cash there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£5m-£7m is a great price for us

 

He’ll probably do well at Reading

 

We can’t keep trying to rely on him season after season when he’s shown he’s too inconsistent 

 

Take the money and reinvest

  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£6m is cracking business for a player who is never going to be first choice playing in the 4-3-3 we are setting up in.  Has pace and skill but his workrate and hold up play is bang average at times... Sometimes looks good sometimes couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rogers said:

£2.8m with add on's if Reading get promoted (they'll get relegated) 

 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Me too but my guess is fee is in region of £5m which clubs won't pay for any of them three. 

 

Probably means we can now sign Michael Hector which is what we need. 

 

My guess much nearer. :cool:

 

Good bit of business if it means signing Hector.

 

Without doubt Joao is a talented player but attitude questionable on many occasions, some times he looks so laid back he's almost horizontal.

 

When he walked off crying against Rotherham because he broke a tooth I started fearing his attitude, we need fighters when the going gets tough but you can't rely on him, he gets easily bullied which shouldn't happen with his size. 

 

I think one or two are upset about him going just on strength of a very good goal he scored on Saturday. 

 

Those saying we should sell Winnall or Nuhui instead, well wouldn't get anywhere near 5 to 7m for them.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If Lees gets injured would you be comfortable with Iorfa/Borner or any other combination.

 

Taking a big risk not signing another decent centre half imo.

 

Not really. But i would be less comfortable losing lee and bannan and having joey and hutch as CM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

 

Sorry mate. Unless they can transplant his brain, he isn't going to change. 

Maybe so but he’ll always possess the attributes to cause teams major problems.

 

he needs to be the main man at a club.....Maybe he’ll get that at reading. Him & the big striker who scored against us Saturday could form a decent partnership 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Joao wants to leave and the money is being offered, we do right to move him on.

 

Just a shame because I think Joao could realise his potential this season. He’s at the right age now. Good luck to the lad.

 

He'll be 26 next month and we're still talking about his potential.

 

:duntmatter:

 

The really weird thing is, it's not as bonkers as it sounds: all the elements are there for him to be a top striker, but he seems incapable of putting it all together for more than a few fleeting moments here and there. We've had enough chances for our coaching team(s) to look at him and work with him over the years though, and it would appear they've decided it's just not going to happen for him.

 

Somewhere in the region of £6m seems about right, given that he veers between looking like a £15m striker and a £1m striker depending on which way the wind's blowing.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent fee - but it still feels like we can’t play hardball as much as we’d like to (as having the likes of Abdi have drained the clubs money) 

 

To his credit, DC always tries to back his manager, so I expect we’ll try for a couple of loans. 

 

However, I doubt we’ll try to buy Hector - we need to clear some debt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

He'll be 26 next month and we're still talking about his potential.

 

:duntmatter:

 

The really weird thing is, it's not as bonkers as it sounds: all the elements are there for him to be a top striker, but he seems incapable of putting it all together for more than a few fleeting moments here and there. We've had enough chances for our coaching team(s) to look at him and work with him over the years though, and it would appear they've decided it's just not going to happen for him.

 

Somewhere in the region of £6m seems about right, given that he veers between looking like a £15m striker and a £1m striker depending on which way the wind's blowing.

This ∆∆∆

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

 

There would be plenty of takers for Winnall if we put him up for sale

 

Depends on price not a lot league 1 clubs could go over 500k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, adamnich said:

why is that that virtually none of our signings or sales have a disclosed fee? Yes we are given a rough amount or it comes out in the wash but everyone else seems to publish the fees. Why is it always such a secret with us?

Keep asking the same question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

£5m-£7m is a great price for us

 

He’ll probably do well at Reading

 

We can’t keep trying to rely on him season after season when he’s shown he’s too inconsistent 

 

Take the money and reinvest

We need to use the money on a couple of replacements or it’s a pointless move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

^^^^100% this. I just don’t get it. The more strikers we sell the more game time nuhui gets. Yes we had too many strikers but we look like getting rid of Hooper, Rhodes and Joao but keeping winnall and Nuhui. Big mistake

 

Maybe the decisions are not driven by fantasy football but the need to balance the books, the interest shown in signing the respective players and perhaps even the desires of the individuals concerned? 

 

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Did ok with Darkos sell-on fee back one the deep deep past lol

 

At least one source questioned whether we ever received (or even actively pursued) the extra amount.

 

33 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

As we've only sold one player in the Chansiri era .  How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

 

We've sold at least two; Jack Hunt and Rhoys Wiggins. Can't think of another though.

 

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also if we sell Joao, Hector shouldn’t be the top priority. Need to find a winger or an attacker who has pace and trickery. 

 

Should look at splashing our cash there.

 

Priority one is central midfield without any question. Our formation requires 3 of them and we only have 4 experienced options in the squad. When you consider that one of those is coming off a serious injury and that another is regularly missing games, it makes the need more urgent still.

 

 

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will probably do well at Reading and if he's played regularly then he most likely will. One of the reasons he hasn't been consistent here is because of the glut of striker options, we've always made a change when he has an off day rather than give the lad a decent run in the team and play him through a dip in form? As a result he's never developed a rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Not happy to be honest

 

He scores goals and offers us something different

 

Would have rather we sold Winnall/Rhodes/Nuhiu

This^^^.

Club is that shybo at transfers that he’ll probably end up leaving on a free/next to nothing and we end up with nothing from any sell on. Antonio transfer mk2!

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, billyblack said:

It always seems to be us. Heres a question, when was the last time you could actually sit back and think, "that was a great bit of business Wednesday", when we sold a player?

Profit on Stevie May after about 3 goals was great business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...