Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

None of our remaining strikers have the talent & technical ability that Joao possesses.

Antonio used to receive the same stick about his work rate (some of it justified on both accounts) and we all know how that ended up.

5m-7m is a great price for reading imo.

1 minute ago, richowl said:

None of our remaining strikers have the talent & technical ability that Joao possesses.

Antonio used to receive the same stick about his work rate (some of it justified on both accounts) and we all know how that ended up.

True but don’t think joao will end up like Antonio but we will see , at this moment 6million is a good fee

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I think a lot of us are also basing some of our opinions on how well joao did on Saturday , if he didn’t play and we won 2-1 and sold him for 6 mill I think we would be even happier, but fact he came on and played well is part of our feelings. There is a reason he spends most of his time on the bench due to attitude and consistency despite his undoubted talent. 

Fair point but he has improved a lot since joining and is worth about 10 goals a season from the bench.  Someone gets him firing and they sell for 3 times what we are. I hope we have guarded against that. 

At least if we sell Joao we might get some money we can reinvest. 

Never going to happen with Rhodes as we still 'owe' around £4m, at least from an accounting point of view.

But Joao's been here 4 years already so his amortisation should be done by now.

So it will be money coming into the accounts, unlike Rhodes. Whether we can actually spend it though is another question.

Guess he probably wants to go  

Think back to the video footage with Chansisri

All of his fellow countrymen have gone and Reading have a Portugese manager and are offering us cash we need

Our sentiments for him increased after Saturdays goal but if we were still in May and Bruce was supporting the move we'd all back it . Innit ?   

13 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

The only thing Joao has proved consistently is his inconsistence.

He's an extremely talented boy, but successive managers have been unable to get him to kick on from his cameo performances. He'll light a game up from the bench and then start the next one on merit and not look arsed... Its beyond frustrating.

If we could afford to, he'd probably be best kept as an impact player, we may have decided that was the plan, but if the player has said he wants to leave then I'm afraid that forces the club's hand.

Get a decent fee, reinvest to balance to the squad and leave him to be an enigma for someone else.

Funny that not 5 pages ago, there was somebody blaming the "mismanagement" of him by consecutive managers.........opinions, opinions. 

Decent fee (supposedly) see ya Lucas. 

1 minute ago, richowl said:

Many people thought an initial  1.5m was good money for him too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I think a lot of us are also basing some of our opinions on how well joao did on Saturday , if he didn’t play and we won 2-1 and sold him for 6 mill I think we would be even happier, but fact he came on and played well is part of our feelings. There is a reason he spends most of his time on the bench due to attitude and consistency despite his undoubted talent. 

I'm not. Been saying for 2 years we need to play him and play him down the middle.

1 minute ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Guess he probably wants to go  

Think back to the video footage with Chansisri

All of his fellow countrymen have gone and Reading have a Portugese manager and are offering us cash we need

Our sentiments for him increased after Saturdays goal but if we were still in May and Bruce was supporting the move we'd all back it . Innit ?   

Some truth in this I suspect.

Would prefer to keep Joao, a player with so much ability, a much better option than Winnall or Nuihu.

However we need to do what's in the best interest of SWFC, and if selling Joao creates funds to strengthen in other area's then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, richowl said:

Sorry mate. Unless they can transplant his brain, he isn't going to change.