Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

12 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Can we afford a player on 30+grand being a benchwarmer

No but no reason why we can't play him? Looked sharp in pre-season however, looks like he is destined to lave. Would need another striker in if both Joao and Rhodes leave.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We dont need defenders i agree. We need another CM desperately, a winger and another striker if rhodes and joao go. Would also like to offload FF if we can.

Exactly my point bud. 

I try to be a realist unless we offload one or two of the current crop of cbs we don't need another. 

No doubt the reason Bruce brought in extra cover at rb was due to Iorfa being back up to Lees and we'd have Thornily as cover for the new lad Borner. 

Were probably trying to ofload VanAkren, but you can only sell if there's a club interested. Unfortunately he came here for about £2mil played a few games and has been almost as much as abdi, hence my nickname for him. 

Joao is a complete enigma, and has been stale here for a while.

I think we've done really well to get the price being quoted for a player who only looks up for it when he wants.

All the best Lucas - I'm sure you'll cause the Reading fans just as much frustration as us.

5 minutes ago, robswfc said:

FFS £5m is an absolute steal for them. Easily our best finisher and got so much potential. Terrible decision

5m is the absolute minimum in this market yet some will insist it’s a good price. Might’ve been 2/3 years ago but league one players are going for similar 

I think a lot of us are also basing some of our opinions on how well joao did on Saturday , if he didn’t play and we won 2-1 and sold him for 6 mill I think we would be even happier, but fact he came on and played well is part of our feelings. There is a reason he spends most of his time on the bench due to attitude and consistency despite his undoubted talent.