Joshus Render

Wildsmith injured. Keeping in some of junior games has been atrocious pre season. But due to chopping and changing difficult to say who was in nets. If we do not sign anybody its Render and this would be boost for Academy seeing him put on bench

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

So what is it for a straight red these days? 3 match ban or just 1?

Depends on the offence.

Serious foul play (Eg if Westwood had been sent off for the lunge and two footed tackle) is 3 games

Denial of a goal scoring opportunity (Eg if Westwood sent of for being last man) is 1 game

Seems to have been the latter in this instance fortunately. 

We seem very light on Keepers completely very surprised both Under 23's and under 18's only have one keeper I can only think they have plans for a few kids to come into the reckoning as one injury and both under 23's and under 18's will be struggling to field a team. 

Josh has been excellent in the few times I've seen him play, though so were his defensive line, particularly Errett - Thompson. He's been with the academy since age 11 I think.

Big ask though to jump in the potential hot seat, though every confidence in him. 

Have they changed the rules on emergency goalkeepers, or can you still sign one after the transfer deadline, should we suffer another injury.