Forestieri

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Good idea. Lets drop Harris..

I'm not saying that...just stating the position he would fit into in a 4-3-3.

Harris won't play every game so there'll be plenty of opportunities. 

Edited by York_Owl

Guest Ferkorf
21 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Agree. Problem is Carbone delivered more than a dozen of times a season didn't he.

I loved him still fuming that he left lol

Another how to get the best out of Forestieri thread, it must be Groundhog Day!

In an ideal world in a Heynckes Bayern Munich  style 4231 with FF one of the 3. Trouble is that needs two fantastic holding midfielders to bind it all together and we obviously don’t have those players.

In our world 433 is the only formation that suits FFs game. Failing that impact sub in any match late on when the game opens up and he can exploit the spaces out wide and between the lines.

Could he go out right instead of reach and reach go in centre for Kieren Lee when the fixtures get congested we need to replace lees running and I think Saturdays-Tuesdays Saturdays might be asking a lot of lees at this stage 

forestieri definitely has a role to play for us 

Long season. 

We are currently playing two advanced widemen. If we can get 36-38 of our 46 games with two of FF, Harris and Reach in those positions we will be in great shape.

Right now it’s obviously Reach and Harris to start, but fitness and form will see that chop and change.

On those occasions we play 442 I hope we never see FF as one of the two. It’s hopeless. Wide of the four - fab. 

12 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

On current form?

Harris.

On current form, Forestieri would be in for Reach.  As has been said, it’s a long season, but there definitely won’t be enough goals in the front three that started on Saturday

Just now, gurujuan said:

On current form, Forestieri would be in for Reach.  As has been said, it’s a long season, but there definitely won’t be enough goals in the front three that started on Saturday

How? FF didn’t get a kick on Saturday?

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Long season. 

We are currently playing two advanced widemen. If we can get 36-38 of our 46 games with two of FF, Harris and Reach in those positions we will be in great shape.

Right now it’s obviously Reach and Harris to start, but fitness and form will see that chop and change.

On those occasions we play 442 I hope we never see FF as one of the two. It’s hopeless. Wide of the four - fab. 

Beatles tribute band..

• Haha 1

I think it’ll boil down to goals scored by the front 3/5 

We need goals from all over the field - we don’t have a 20 goal season striker

I think that side on Saturday will struggle to score goals and unlock better opposition personally, one dangerman on the left hand side and better teams will sniff it out early doors. We need options from around the park and I think Fessi is that play that teams worry about and will open up defences

16 hours ago, gurujuan said:

there definitely won’t be enough goals in the front three that started on Saturday

On this I’d agree.

i think we need a couple more options in that system, one as the main striker, one out wide.

I like the system though, I’m not a fan of Bannan in a straight 442, we get overrun at times, but in a 3, great.

23 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He is like Joao, one game he will be unplayable and everyone will be raving about him. Then you wont see he for 3 games. And in Forestieri's case its normally because of suspension.

With the exception of a fit Kieran Lee he's our best player by a country mile.  Hopefully, Bullen has a plan for him

• Thanks 1