Forestieri

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Forgetting the FA issues - what is his role now within the current starting 11? 

Bullen doesn't favour him enough to warrant a start - is he going to be on the bench for the foreseeable? 

Personally, I don't see how we can leave a player of his quality out. Once he gets going, he is still one of the best players in this division and we really need him to step up to the mark. Watching Hernandez yesterday for Leeds, he's nearly 35 and everything for Leeds was going through him and he was making them tick. I still believe Forestieri has that in the locker, he's the one who has the moment of brilliance in the squad and I still think he can return to the form he offered 2-3 years ago. 

Once he gets going. You said it right there

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Who's told you this?

What I post was what would happen to get Fessi in the team, I said if we were to put Fessi back in the team we would probably play 4-4-2 on Saturday.  We have possible a cup game midweek (if Bury are allowed to play) if it goes ahead and with both Hutch and Lee not match fit I would be very surprised if we don't change the formation to 4-4-2 meaning we bring in a second striker and Hutch and lee can share the role in central midfield unless we sign another central midfielder.

I find the decision not to sign the lad we had on trial from Brentfod strange with the lack of numbers we have in a key area of the pitch.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What I post was what would happen to get Fessi in the team, I said if we were to put Fessi back in the team we would probably play 4-4-2 on Saturday.  We have possible a cup game midweek (if Bury are allowed to play) if it goes ahead and with both Hutch and Lee not match fit I would be very surprised if we don't change the formation to 4-4-2 meaning we bring in a second striker and Hutch and lee can share the role in central midfield unless we sign another central midfielder.

Possibly. I think there will be a raft of changes for the cup game to be honest. If it goes ahead. 

The Barnsley game, I don't know, but suspect  will be as near to the Reading line up as possible.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Possibly. I think there will be a raft of changes for the cup game to be honest. If it goes ahead. 

The Barnsley game, I don't know, but suspect  will be as near to the Reading line up as possible.

We might go a bit more defensive to give Dawson a bit more protection at the back.

Lets hope not, I don't like changing a winning team if you can help it -  but modern football this seems to be the way

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Forgetting the FA issues - what is his role now within the current starting 11? 

Bullen doesn't favour him enough to warrant a start - is he going to be on the bench for the foreseeable? 

Personally, I don't see how we can leave a player of his quality out. Once he gets going, he is still one of the best players in this division and we really need him to step up to the mark. Watching Hernandez yesterday for Leeds, he's nearly 35 and everything for Leeds was going through him and he was making them tick. I still believe Forestieri has that in the locker, he's the one who has the moment of brilliance in the squad and I still think he can return to the form he offered 2-3 years ago. 

Answered your own question here.

He was "up to the mark" in his first season, then he stepped back. For various reasons he's failed to step back up and as a result become a bit part player, even if those "bits" can be pieces of exceptional brilliance.

FF is an impact player, and has been throughout his career. He hasn’t been an ever present anywhere he’s been, and I think that’s telling 

We’ve got too many impact players at this club (FF, Joao, Dave) and that’s partly why were in the position we’re in and haven’t progressed. We haven’t got the players who can do it consistently 

• Like 1

I think the problem with nando is, he's a bit of a maverick /loose cannon. 

He doesn't like tracking back or playing to a rigid system meaning he leaves the fullbacks exposed. Harris and reach will do the hard yards and get back too. 

You can't play him down the middle as a lone target man like fletcher, Nuhiu or winnal. 

If he puts his head down and plays on the flanks like reach, Harris, especially on the left as an inside forward, cutting inside, for me it's his best position and has space to create and exploit, like Harris did at Reading for his goal. 

We do suit the 4-1-2-2-1 system well and I tink it'll be Bullens preferred choice. 

Westwood 

Iorfa.        Lees.        Borner.     Palmer. 

Hutchinson. 

Lee.              Bannan

Harris.                                        Fernando 

Fletcher. 

Obvoisly reach rotating with the wingers and joao with fletcher. 

• Like 2

He was very poor when he came on Saturday.

The opposite effect of João. Wayward passes, couldn't hold on to the ball 

Every time he came on under Bruce it was the same.

Not sure I would be inclined to play him much. He isn't the player I remember from three years ago. 

• Like 1

I personally think Reach's spot in the team should be more in question. Yes I think the constant, non stopping running he does is somewhat invaluable however as a right forward I don't think he is enough of a goal threat as needed. People are blinded by the few screamers he has scored.

Carlos' stubbornness of starting him all the time in his second season was part of the reason we failed for promotion I think. 

Personally I think he is a very good squad player but in our 'best' 11 I wouldn't have him in. I'd love to see a front 3 of Harris-Fletcher-Forestieri. That front 3 has just about everything you could want in a front three in this division. 

59 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think the problem with nando is, he's a bit of a maverick /loose cannon. 

He doesn't like tracking back or playing to a rigid system meaning he leaves the fullbacks exposed. Harris and reach will do the hard yards and get back too. 

You can't play him down the middle as a lone target man like fletcher, Nuhiu or winnal. 

If he puts his head down and plays on the flanks like reach, Harris, especially on the left as an inside forward, cutting inside, for me it's his best position and has space to create and exploit, like Harris did at Reading for his goal. 

We do suit the 4-1-2-2-1 system well and I tink it'll be Bullens preferred choice. 

Westwood 

Iorfa.        Lees.        Borner.     Palmer. 

Hutchinson. 

Lee.              Bannan

Harris.                                        Fernando 

Fletcher. 

Obvoisly reach rotating with the wingers and joao with fletcher. 

I would LOVE to see this team! 

3 minutes ago, jrh said:

I personally think Reach's spot in the team should be more in question. Yes I think the constant, non stopping running he does is somewhat invaluable however as a right forward I don't think he is enough of a goal threat as needed. People are blinded by the few screamers he has scored.

Carlos' stubbornness of starting him all the time in his second season was part of the reason we failed for promotion I think. 

Personally I think he is a very good squad player but in our 'best' 11 I wouldn't have him in. I'd love to see a front 3 of Harris-Fletcher-Forestieri. That front 3 has just about everything you could want in a front three in this division. 

I don’t particularly want us to lose any of our better players, but if we need to raise some money, probably Reach is the most expendable It worked on Saturday, but there aren’t many goals in that front three, or the middle three, come to that

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

What a joke you are..i neg your post so you neg me back, t@sser springs to mind.

Sorry pal I thought the button said Bumder

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Based on the fact he is the modern day Carbone with attitude to boot.

If you think hes been good in 3 games then I suggest you attend more

If what Carbone wasnt very good.

lol

Dont get me wrong I like Forestieri but Carbone was streets ahead of him.

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If what Carbone wasnt very good.

lol

Dont get me wrong I like Forestieri but Carbone was streets ahead of him.

Agreed, thats why I just said Modern day Carbone. As in Kids love him, hes the fast attacking little primadonna of a forward that frustrates us but then can provide absolute brilliance in an instant.

Hence why I had to go all the way back to 1999 to find a player to compare him to lol

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t particularly want us to lose any of our better players, but if we need to raise some money, probably Reach is the most expendable It worked on Saturday, but there aren’t many goals in that front three, or the middle three, come to that

Exactly it worked Saturday let's see how it does for the foreseeable. Its definitely our best starting XI front three.

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Agreed, thats why I just said Modern day Carbone. As in Kids love him, hes the fast attacking little primadonna of a forward that frustrates us but then can provide absolute brilliance in an instant.

Hence why I had to go all the way back to 1999 to find a player to compare him to lol

Agree. Problem is Carbone delivered more than a dozen of times a season didn't he.