Forestieri

Forgetting the FA issues - what is his role now within the current starting 11? 

Bullen doesn't favour him enough to warrant a start - is he going to be on the bench for the foreseeable? 

Personally, I don't see how we can leave a player of his quality out. Once he gets going, he is still one of the best players in this division and we really need him to step up to the mark. Watching Hernandez yesterday for Leeds, he's nearly 35 and everything for Leeds was going through him and he was making them tick. I still believe Forestieri has that in the locker, he's the one who has the moment of brilliance in the squad and I still think he can return to the form he offered 2-3 years ago. 

Kind of make you think though if Bullen is barely going to use him, then he might as well take the 6 game ban now and get it out of the way as the FA are not going to rescind it, because racism in football is one of their projects at the moment.

I think like João he’s going to be managed in & out of the first team on a match by match basis. Don’t think he has the fitness and consistency to be a regular starter at the moment but could be rotated with Harris or Reach dependant on opposition. Harris can soften them up & Forestieri can use his guile later on in games.

Edited by Yellowbelly

Guest domSWFC

He's the sort of player you change a formation to fit him into. 

I'd personally go with 3 at the back. 

LINEUP111565000497314.png

I think the 433 system needs some pace out wide, so Harris has to be one of the wide attackers. Forestieri isn't the answer as the central striker - that's Fletcher or Joao (or Rhodes if he's able to play it). So, it's between Forestieri and Reach for the other wide attack role. I sense a manager will trust Reach every day of the week because he's steady, hard working, reliable, and gets goals.

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

He's the sort of player you change a formation to fit him into. 

I'd personally go with 3 at the back. 

LINEUP111565000497314.png

So you'd change the entire system just to fit him in? 

Move Harris into a wingback role which he probably can't do. 

Righto. 

17 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Forgetting the FA issues - what is his role now within the current starting 11? 

Bullen doesn't favour him enough to warrant a start - is he going to be on the bench for the foreseeable? 

Personally, I don't see how we can leave a player of his quality out. Once he gets going, he is still one of the best players in this division and we really need him to step up to the mark. Watching Hernandez yesterday for Leeds, he's nearly 35 and everything for Leeds was going through him and he was making them tick. I still believe Forestieri has that in the locker, he's the one who has the moment of brilliance in the squad and I still think he can return to the form he offered 2-3 years ago. 

It’s interesting, based on Saturday’s performance, and the previous friendlies, three in midfield has to be the way forward. That leaves us with a conundrum further forward.  Fletcher flanked by two wingers, worked well on Saturday, but for it to work on a regular basis, we need to get our wide players nearer to the centre forward. I have to say Fletcher was excellent on Saturday, but he’s often fighting a one man battle.  Do either of Saturday’s widemen have the ability to get in alongside Fletcher when the ball is on the other flank?  That’s the big issue for me, Reach in particular, was noticeably poor at doing that on Saturday.  Certainly Forestieri would be much better at arriving in the box to support the target man. 

Edited by gurujuan

Guest domSWFC
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you'd change the entire system just to fit him in? 

Move Harris into a wingback role which he probably can't do. 

Righto. 

So you think Palmer or Fox offer us more than Forestieri? 

Bench. Always maintained he’s an impact player and difficult to fit into the team. Even when he was unplayable in 2015/16 you had the conundrum of whether he played out wide or in the middle.

If he’s willing to put the work in and track back consistently he could play wide left or right of a 4-3-3. But I’m unconvinced. Perfect to come off the bench if you’re looking for a goal or defending a lead though.