Ash77

Daniel Stendel - 54% win ratio

Might have missed a trick not trying for him considering lack of options, great record so far.

Got Barnsley playing good stuff on a limited budget, promotion 1st season, just beat fulham and only 1 year contract.

Could be another Wagner, interesting game coming up anyway, any nicking manager chants? :duntmatter: lol

• Agree 2

Chansiri should approach him regardless if he rates him or not, can't hurt to upset the apple cart with our 6 fingered foes before Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would take him over Pulis any day. Polar opposites in terms of playing style

Oh Danny boy the owls the owls are calling from Kop to North even the south stand the summers here and all the owls are flying tis you tis you that's meant to be and we must bide.

• Haha 1

Nobody concerned about his youth policy and "players over 26 are too old" comment.

Probably take a couple of years in league one for this squad turnaround to take place.

• Agree 1

Wouldn't surprise me if his team of bargain buys, put together after selling their better players from last year cause us problems on Saturday.

They play with a high press with high energy and pace. Hate to say it, but like wilder, the personnel change, but the system, performance and results remain. 

Sign of a good manager IMO.

44 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Might have missed a trick not trying for him considering lack of options, great record so far.

Got Barnsley playing good stuff on a limited budget, promotion 1st season, just beat fulham and only 1 year contract.

Could be another Wagner, interesting game coming up anyway, any nicking manager chants? :duntmatter: lol

54% in League 1 with a squad that had a few Championship players in it

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

On the basis of recent rumour and applied logic the job must surely be his if they beat us on Saturday......him and Bullen, winner takes all........lol

Edited by Morepork

Big fan of Stendel, but managing Wednesday is a whole different best to managing Barnsley. Just ask Danny Wilson.

Also, aren't Barnsley minted now? Appointing him might not be an option even if he wanted to come here.

Still got my £20 on him, think Barnsley have a project he is a big part of and right now we aren't a strong draw for any in work manager.

An amazing job at Barnsley. We struggled to get a centre back for years. He has brought in two in summer and they look good. Another big pay day for Barnsley looming when they sell them on. He will be snapped up by a club before season is very old. His record is excellent he plays a modern brand of football and has done it by wheeling and dealing.

Can’t see us paying compensation to anyone. I doubt he’s in our current list of options. 

Personally think Rowett will turn up just after the Bury game. 

10 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Stendel deliver

More money and more fans

OM

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Stendel deliver

More money and more fans

OM

I predict a Rowett

i predict a Rowett

• Haha 5

A 50 percent win ratio is what's usually requires to get promotion, and was his first season. I'd rather have bullen in charge for the rest of this season and see how stendel does.

7 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I predict a Rowett

i predict a Rowett

I wanna know why Pulis?

I want you to show me

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Nobody concerned about his youth policy and "players over 26 are too old" comment.

Probably take a couple of years in league one for this squad turnaround to take place.

It's the club's policy, buy young, develop, make profit. Only way to stay sustainable

27 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

A 50 percent win ratio is what's usually requires to get promotion, and was his first season. I'd rather have bullen in charge for the rest of this season and see how stendel does.

Are you taking into account the fact that if we don’t get promotion this season we are very likely to have serious problems with FFP?

I don’t think we will get near promotion with Bullen.