Strikers

Anyone can go for a decent fee. Didn't one of the boffins say there was no point selling Rhodes? Loan fee with wages paid then probably. 

6 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

I'd keep Rhodes if we played a front 2. I don't think Bullen will play a front 2.

João lacks consistency.

I'd sell João and play a front 2, Fletcher and Rhodes with Harris and Reach providing service.

But hey I'm old school, target man plus poacher playing off, wingers to by line and crossing it.

We need to decide one way or the other about Winnal and act accordingly soon.

FF can stay if he'd play wide.

Nuhiu can go much as I love the guy.

Fletcher stays come what may.

You say Joao lacks consistency but Rhodes has shown no signs of been consistent since he arrived.  Joao over the same period has performed much better.

Talking to a Reading fan, who thought their chances of getting Joao or Wickham was very good. 

Its classic football fan dillusion. We've all been under that spell. 

Expectations vs. Reality. 

I think Winnall may end up at Reading tho.

Edited by bigash_swfc

Get rid of Rhodes and Nuhiu, Winall will score goals playing in a two given the chance, Joao is potentially our best striker providing he gets his head down and is kept focused and that will depend on who comes in as the new manager. ATM he has the perfect role of replacing Fletcher for the last 20/25 mins.

FF has a lot to prove this season, he's not the same player that he was 2/3 years ago what with his injury and attitude problems, if we were to get rid of a third forward it would be him IMHO.

20 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Any money for Rhodes would go straight into boros back pocket 

Boro were paid for Rhodes when we bought him, it's just the price that is amortized in our accounts for the duration of his contract.

If we sell him the remainder of the fee is debited in our accounts once he is sold.

On 04/08/2019 at 12:16, Spondon Owl said:

Who would you be happy to see go out of our current crop of strikers?

It astonished me to read that people were happy for Lucas Joao to leave. Thinking about the strikers we have I would put Rhodes, Nuhiu and Fletcher in a similar category. 

I'd be happy for Rhodes to go, even for free considering his wages. 

With fessi, Winnal and Joao; Joao offers pace, a good deal of physicality and finishing. Winnal offers work rate.. he came with a great goal scoring record but has been extremely limited in game time. Fessi has class, intelligence and trickery. I do wonder about his... team ethic. Sometimes his decision making is somewhat selfish.

I would be, simply on lack of game time, happy for Winnal to leave.

But we simply have to keep joao for his ability to completely change the dynamic of our attack.

Remember you made this thread after a good Joao performance though.

What would your thoughts be, if you were typing after a typical Joao display?

Agree though, Winnall needs to go.

Edited by Mr Hooper