Strikers

Who would you be happy to see go out of our current crop of strikers?

It astonished me to read that people were happy for Lucas Joao to leave. Thinking about the strikers we have I would put Rhodes, Nuhiu and Fletcher in a similar category. 

I'd be happy for Rhodes to go, even for free considering his wages. 

With fessi, Winnal and Joao; Joao offers pace, a good deal of physicality and finishing. Winnal offers work rate.. he came with a great goal scoring record but has been extremely limited in game time. Fessi has class, intelligence and trickery. I do wonder about his... team ethic. Sometimes his decision making is somewhat selfish.

I would be, simply on lack of game time, happy for Winnal to leave.

But we simply have to keep joao for his ability to completely change the dynamic of our attack.

Rhodes has never provided us with goals. That is the main function of a striker. 

Neither has Winnal.

Joao has never played consistently, however he has provided us with goals on a per minute of play basis.

Nuhiu has not played well for over a year.

Fletcher when fit is the best man to lead our attack.

On that basis we should off load Rhodes, Winnal and Nuhiu.

For me it's important that we stick with this system which gets the best from Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson , three of our most important players.

With that it mind I think Joao should be retained. I still belive he is best as a central striker and needs to be retained to provide competition and cover for Fletcher. 

For me Winnall is the one who would be let go. 

Id be happy to sell Rhodes, Winnall and Joao and bring in a fast , pacy striker who plays off the shoulder and runs in behind. That would give us Fletch , Dave , Fessi and new striker. seeing as we tend to play with only one central striker , i think four will be enough. 

Fletcher is our best forward right now. 

Not sure FF is a CF, but wide in a front 3 could suit him. But he's likely to miss the next 6 games anyway.

I think the injury took a lot out of Winnall, not looked the same since he came back. 

I don't rate Nuhiu at all. Some do I know but he'd be first out the door for me.

Rhodes and Joao, both have qualities and would be happy for either to stay, but appear to be our most saleable assets and most likely to leave

Such a mess this. Joao and Rhodes are the only ones, I think, on contracts beyond next summer and the only ones anyone's interested in.

Will we be renewing Forestieri, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Winnall next summer? Can we afford them? Fletch and Nando are on big wages apparently.

Joao is probably the only one that will develop, add value and is the likely heir to lead the line when Fletcher departs / gets injured. 

I imagine we will sell whoever we get a decent offer for, even if it's not ideal for our squad balance.

Guest LondonOwl313
17 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Who would you be happy to see go out of our current crop of strikers?

It astonished me to read that people were happy for Lucas Joao to leave. Thinking about the strikers we have I would put Rhodes, Nuhiu and Fletcher in a similar category. 

I'd be happy for Rhodes to go, even for free considering his wages. 

With fessi, Winnal and Joao; Joao offers pace, a good deal of physicality and finishing. Winnal offers work rate.. he came with a great goal scoring record but has been extremely limited in game time. Fessi has class, intelligence and trickery. I do wonder about his... team ethic. Sometimes his decision making is somewhat selfish.

I would be, simply on lack of game time, happy for Winnal to leave.

But we simply have to keep joao for his ability to completely change the dynamic of our attack.

It's a question of footballing reasons vs financial reasons. We basically have one striker too many numbers wise, and the one to go footballing wise would be Winnall given he's clearly last in the pecking order. Would be happy with the options as they are if we could bring in some money for Winnall.

But then you have the financial aspect. Joao is inconsistent and is unlikely to become more consistent. So a massive offer for him and he needs to go... low offers should be rejected outright though. Rhodes is on big wages, and being honest he's not worth £40k a week for what he offers. Would be happy to have him on half that, but reality is he costs too much. So decent offers for him will be considered.

Comes down to money really.. if clubs offer big money for our players we need to be taking it

Fletcher is integral to how we are wanting to play. All the others should be available for transfer if it means we can reinvest in other areas of the squad. Winnall should be moved on if anyone’s prepared to gamble on him, problem is he’s on high wages, had 2 horrific knee injuries and not scored goals consistently since we signed him. I’d also look to move on one of Joao or Rhodes for a fee and a decent sell on in Joao’s case. Forestieri is also an interesting one with only one year left on his contract but a long ban around the corner and humongous wages probably means he’ll see out his contract. 

I'd keep Fletcher and Joao. I'd sell Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu and Forestieri.

Sign 2-3 new forwards, 2x young, hungry, pacey adaptable to play wide and central and 1x tall strong athletic hard working goalscoring forward. Easy this lark!

I'd keep Rhodes if we played a front 2. I don't think Bullen will play a front 2.

João lacks consistency.

I'd sell João and play a front 2, Fletcher and Rhodes with Harris and Reach providing service.

But hey I'm old school, target man plus poacher playing off, wingers to by line and crossing it.

We need to decide one way or the other about Winnal and act accordingly soon.

FF can stay if he'd play wide.

Nuhiu can go much as I love the guy.

Fletcher stays come what may.

Assuming both that we're in no position to sign a new striker, and that we're sticking with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 as our most likely starting formation, I'd go with...

- Fletcher as first choice

- João as backup / a different option depending on opposition...maybe even a starter if he finds some consistent form

- Rhodes as a substitute if we want to switch to two upfront, similar to the way Norwich used him

- Forestieri starting on the flank / as a wide attacker or as another option from the bench, depending on form and opposition

- To ensure we don't fall short should another injury crisis hit, I'd keep one of Winnall and Nuhiu and look to move the other on. I don't mind which.

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Fletcher is our best forward right now. 

Not sure FF is a CF, but wide in a front 3 could suit him. But he's likely to miss the next 6 games anyway.

I think the injury took a lot out of Winnall, not looked the same since he came back. 

I don't rate Nuhiu at all. Some do I know but he'd be first out the door for me.

Rhodes and Joao, both have qualities and would be happy for either to stay, but appear to be our most saleable assets and most likely to leave

best post on the subject

• Thanks 1