Reading fans must be slightly deaf, or mutton as our southern friends would say?

One joker is reporting that we were silent!! They have apparently added us to a list of “normally noisey fans who are completely silent today without the win”

Was this fool there? All you could just about hear from them was the funny sight of 2 young boys sporting matching Matalan black t-shirts giving it large.

Plastic ground and pathetic uninterested fans. Asswipes. 

Edited by Joe Jockstrap
  • Like 1

Funny thing supporting a football club innit!  90% are totally blinkered to anything other than their own club.

One describes us as a middle of the road club or something along those lines which is the same impression I have of reading.  That whole area of the country hasn't got a ton going for it, Basingstoke next door, but because it's close (ish) to london they have an over inflated opinion of themselves.  The predictions from their fans beforehand show exactly what i'm saying.  I find barnsley to be a more interesting club than reading and that's a crazy statement.  Reading are just... reading.  Nothing to get excited about.

Having said that I hope the impression of us being a mid table prospect sticks.  I've got a good feeling about the squad this year.  Hopefully we can make the most of the start we've been given (on paper).

I was sat in main stand in middle of Reading fans and only time they cheered was goal and when Westwood got sent off. They alos moaned when Lee stopped ball on line. Otherwise could have been in church. 

to be fair, their new 1871 Club area, to the right of Owls fans, did make some noise which is very unusual for Reading, and maybe if you were in the middle of that lot you might not have heard Wednesday so loudly, as both sets of fans were often singing at the same time, and when you are in the middle of Wednesday fans you also can't hear anything else. The rest of the ground was graveyard quiet.

I watched the replay on Sporting Life website, well the goals. anyway. Admittedly, I had the mute button on, but it was obvious the Wednesday fans ere giving lots of support, even during he attacking peri0ds especially, and for the goals 

As a matter of interest, how many tickets did we sell, since the crowd ,16k+ seemed to be predominantly Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

That whole area of the country hasn't got a ton going for it, Basingstoke next door, but because it's close (ish) to london they have an over inflated opinion of themselves. 

Spot on mate. Reading, Basingstoke, Guildford, Crawley, Milton Keynes etc all uninspiring places that people only move to because they are cheaper than London.

These towns have absolutely nothing going for them but people like to try and look down their noses at others because it makes them feel better about themselves and fact that they can't afford to live in London so have to spend 2 hours a day on a hot, packed train just to get in and out of the sh**holes and earn a living to pay for their 1980's 3 bedroom semis.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I watched the replay on Sporting Life website, well the goals. anyway. Admittedly, I had the mute button on, but it was obvious the Wednesday fans ere giving lots of support, even during he attacking peri0ds especially, and for the goals 

As a matter of interest, how many tickets did we sell, since the crowd ,16k+ seemed to be predominantly Wednesday. 

2,200 + those of us sat in amongst the home fans.

We were sat in hospitality with their 1871 Club section between us and the away section and to be fair it was the most noise I have ever heard from the home fans at Reading in 4 visits

I assume they have 'sold ' the Club 1871 as their singing section and it really seemed to work - from where we were the 1871 Section and the away section were both noisy but we seemed to be out sung until we scored (maybe we should try something similar at Hillsbro)- after that they seemed to give up - the rest of the ground was silent and more than half empty !!

Such a shame that the trend these days seems to be to restrict away fans rather than encourage them for the atmosphere - just because the clubs claim they don't need the revenue but really don't like being 'owned' by the big city clubs with large away support

16 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

We were sat in hospitality with their 1871 Club section between us and the away section and to be fair it was the most noise I have ever heard from the home fans at Reading in 4 visits

I assume they have 'sold ' the Club 1871 as their singing section and it really seemed to work - from where we were the 1871 Section and the away section were both noisy but we seemed to be out sung until we scored (maybe we should try something similar at Hillsbro)- after that they seemed to give up - the rest of the ground was silent and more than half empty !!

Such a shame that the trend these days seems to be to restrict away fans rather than encourage them for the atmosphere - just because the clubs claim they don't need the revenue but really don't like being 'owned' by the big city clubs with large away support

Good post 

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I think this is my favourite ever post. I watched the highlights with mute on but it looked like we were loud!!! Brilliant 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

One of the downsides of the Premier League. Tinpot clubs like reading and wigan got themselves there and now give it billy bigballs. Clearly forgot their rightful place towards the bottom of the footballing pyramid.

Reading fans must be suffering from Dutch Elm disease then given that Reading used to play at Elm Park.:tango:

ep001.jpg