Managerial conundrum..

18 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Let's face up to the fact that DC picks the team 

If that were the case, then he's shown an impressive degree of tactical flexibility in order to cover his tracks and make it appear as if his various stooge managers had differing styles and approaches.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

Got to agree with reallondonowl, leave him in situ for now unless a real quality manager puts his name forward, if things start to go belly up in the meantime then DC has a decision to make.

Which name is top of the poo pile. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

What about when we play a real contender, Swansea,wbrom,  how fast will teams see through bullens tactics 

Remember people saying this about the pigs wait till they play someone decent they said, I waited and the feckers got promoted 

Bully knows who the best players are and puts them on the pitch. Unlike Jos.

After that I'm not sure.

Most of us would have gone with a similar team today but that doesn't mean we should get the job.

He's obviously got some tactical nous but has he got enough for a full season and does he have the contacts to get some good loans in for instance or the stature to attract players.

He may well be good enough but I'm not sure and would rather go with someone else for the time being.

If he gets sacked, that's it he's gone. I'd rather see him stay at the club as a coach.

I'd rather have Bully stay as a coach, if it goes south he will be sacked, and would more than likely leave the club, he also freely admitted today that the plan 

was to press high up the pitch and it wasn't working, "so we had to pull back and (set traps)",

so the high press was redundant.

he had selected the team for a high press, now we are playing a different approach, were the players on the pitch able to take this in their stride, it seems so,

but a question must be asked,

does Bully have the tactical nous to pre-plan a game and does he have the where with all to alter his players to whats happening in the game,

was he lucky today that we were able to see out the game.

Reach seemed redundant nearly all of the match, only came into it when down to 10 men, should he have moved from his position or subbed,

he is one of our better players and should have been brought into the game by a tactical switch, which wasn't made.

10 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

I defer to both as you are clearly experts on this subject

:duntmatter:

To to be fair, we're not the ones making an outlandish claim about the chairman of our club. If you know something the rest of us don't, then share it so we can have an informed discussion.

Assuming that you're correct and Chansiri, Carvalhal, Luhukay and Bruce were all lying, how would you explain the differences in formation, tactics and style of football we've played under the various managers who've held the hot seat under Chansiri?

2 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Remember people saying this about the pigs wait till they play someone decent they said, I waited and the feckers got promoted 

Wilders been a manager for like 20 years or so playing his trade to smaller teams and now its paid off

Bullens doing a great job I just cant see him grinding out results we need, itll only take a loss or 2 in a row and people will kick off 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

To to be fair, we're not the ones making an outlandish claim about the chairman of our club. If you know something the rest of us don't, then share it so we can have an informed discussion.

Assuming that you're correct and Chansiri, Carvalhal, Luhukay and Bruce were all lying, how would you explain the differences in formation, tactics and style of football we've played under the various managers who've held the hot seat under Chansiri?

There is a difference between picking the team or making strong suggestions as to who should start and going down to Middlewood training ground and getting involved in formations and tactics for a particular game or dictating the style of play. Do you think for example that any of the manger's you quote had any input into which players were actually signed or was that DC and Doyen ? If not then how can you marry a particular style of play to players over whom you had no part in the decision-making process to sign them ? I do not see it as an outlandish claim. It is something I believe to be the case. I posted my opinion. I do not possess a long list of people in football who can corroborate my opinion as it is my opinion. (Even if I had I would be unlikely to post it on here.)

I hope that helps 

For me if their is a proven Championship promotion winner that’s willing to do the job (which it sounds as thought he’s turned us down) then yes appoint them. If the option is someone abroad which has been rumoured then stick with Bullen. Let him have a go.

1 minute ago, Reallondonowl said:

There is a difference between picking the team or making strong suggestions as to who should start and going down to Middlewood training ground and getting involved in formations and tactics for a particular game or dictating the style of play. Do you think for example that any of the manger's you quote had any input into which players were actually signed or was that DC and Doyen ? If not then how can you marry a particular style of play to players over whom you had no part in the decision-making process to sign them ? I do not see it as an outlandish claim. It is something I believe to be the case. I posted my opinion. I do not possess a long list of people in football who can corroborate my opinion as it is my opinion. (Even if I had I would be unlikely to post it on here.)

I hope that helps 

It certainly helps to clarify that you're posting unsubstantiated nonsense under the guise of a 'fact', so thanks for that, I suppose.

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

For me if their is a proven Championship promotion winner that’s willing to do the job (which it sounds as thought he’s turned us down) then yes appoint them. If the option is someone abroad which has been rumoured then stick with Bullen. Let him have a go.

Holloway 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It certainly helps to clarify that you're posting unsubstantiated nonsense under the guise of a 'fact', so thanks for that, I suppose.

If that's what you believe then you are entitled to that opinion. Frankly, in my opinion it does nothing of the sort. If you have knowledge that McLaren declined for different reasons, come out and state them if you are ITK. But be careful to not post any unsubstantiated nonsense.