F F Appeal

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

If as he says , he didn’t do it , of course he’s going to appeal . What innocent man is going to accept that? 

As for battling for the top 6 , I really wouldnt worry about that 

I'm pretty sure he did do it! All people say things they don't mean when they're angry! 

Fessi admitted being abusive so I'm not sure how can back track now. 

Don't get me wrong it should have been all done and dusted last season with his fine and ban.

My point is how it affects us as a football team. He will still get banned so would rather it be now then later in the season. 

2 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

All people say things they don't mean when they're angry! 

Rubbish, I've been angry plenty but never said something racist or homophobic etc because that's not in my nature, anger or even alcohol just remove a person's filters. If you say something racist when angry or drunk it's because you're racist. 

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Hypothetical, Forestieri drags on the appeal, then pulls a hamstring, out for 6-8 matches with the injury, drops the appeal, does he serve the ban while injured?

No he should get injured, drop the appeal and he will have served it by the time he is fit

Saying that his appeal is on principle of not being determined a racist for the rest of your life on the balance of probabilities

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

No he should get injured, drop the appeal and he will have served it by the time he is fit

Saying that his appeal is on principle of not being determined a racist for the rest of your life on the balance of probabilities

I honestly think his punishment has been decided on the balance of possibilities rather than probabilities... it's a murky world when a private company set themselves up as a quasi judicial organisation.. imo..of course..

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I honestly think his punishment has been decided on the balance of possibilities rather than probabilities... it's a murky world when a private company set themselves up as a quasi judicial organisation.. imo..of course..

Very murky, tantamount to the defence and prosecution of a case being directed by the same person.

Edited by longreach

Guest mkowl
12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I suppose I am used to it, that is how the accountancy profession is regulated. I think in the main it works well, see doctors etc but it does get questioned.

It does lead to inconsistencies, as we have seen with FF compared to Firminho. And in a case like this the bar for evidence has to be set higher than "he might have said it"

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I suppose I am used to it, that is how the accountancy profession is regulated. I think in the main it works well, see doctors etc but it does get questioned.

It does lead to inconsistencies, as we have seen with FF compared to Firminho. And in a case like this the bar for evidence has to be set higher than "he might have said it"

But doesn't a criminal allegation go to law and an employment matter go to an employment tribunal?

They've sanctioned him outside of the law.

It most certainly falls into employment law.. not FA rules.. surely?

3 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

I'm pretty sure he did do it! All people say things they don't mean when they're angry! 

Fessi admitted being abusive so I'm not sure how can back track now. 

Don't get me wrong it should have been all done and dusted last season with his fine and ban.

My point is how it affects us as a football team. He will still get banned so would rather it be now then later in the season. 

How can you be sure he did do it?

People are subject to false allegations all the time.

There are instances such as domestic abuse where people make things up to make it look a lot worse than it really is. It's what is known as "playing the victim".

People can be abusive without being racist.

I think the fact that he admitted to some wrong doing should weigh in the side of his honesty.

He could have denied being abusive altogether.

People have been wrongly convicted of murder and had their character tarnished and life ruined when they have been innocent. And often in these instances it has been due to authorities being keen to show that they are pro-active and have manipulated situations, planted evidence, and even forced false statements from people. 

Corruption is rife within many authorities. I'm not saying the EFL or F.A. are corrupt but at the same time it's also possible for them to get things wrong., especially if they want to set precedence.

I've said it before on here, I think the whole thing is a joke. You can't convict someone if there is reasonable doubt. Nothing has been proven and it's all based on possibility and probability.

To make things even worse they changed the rules before they decided he was guilty of the "alleged" incident. So even if he was guilty, surely the rules which were in place at the time of the alleged incident should be applied, and therefore it should be a 5 match ban not 6. (Which I think at the very least, should be the outcome of an appeal).

If we are in the business of changing rules and applying them retrospectively then can we have our parachute payments for relegation from the prem?

Can someone break out the V.A.R. for Maradonna please?

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The FA hate us, sky hate us. The refs hate us.  It's the whole  club they hate, they want to exact some kind of vengeance for the semi tragedy. this is their way of doing it.

Sky hate us the main stream media hate us they hate the EFL in general. No football focus today there'll be little media coverage. I remember this time last year turning on the radio to hear the presenter tell us that they couldn't wait because football (Premier League) started again next week.

John terry was found not guilty byy the courts but the fa still banned him for 4 games I believe and fined him 220,000 pounds. He said he had mentioned the word black to anton ferdinando but was only repeating back what was supposed to have been said. Luiz suarez got an 8 match ban for racism against Patrice evra. I don't see them overturning ff, s van if I'm honest.