Controversial

Agree Palmer is better at right back but for now he will have to play left back because Fox is not the answer. I would play Penney before Fox. Fox is ok but has limitations and can be targeted by opposition as our weakness in defence, also not good going forward. Ideally we would get a new Left back. But with FFP we may not have the option so whoever is in charge might need to get a tune out of a combo of Fox, Penney, Palmer throughout the season.

Call that controversial? Pah!

It's the final Friday afternoon of pre-season on Owlstalk, so that barely registers on the shitstorm-o-meter.

Let's spice things up a little with some genuinely controversial statements, shall we? *

* The views and opinions expressed in the following statements are designed to be controversial and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of areNOTwhatTHEYseem.

• David Hirst wasn't fit to lace Brian Deane's boots
  • Wednesday shirts look better without a central blue stripe...
  • ...in fact, they look better without any stripes at all
  • Wednesday and United should merge to form Sheffield City FC
  • Bovril is worse than drinking Satan's hot p*ss
  • Dave Allen was a lovely chap who was simply misunderstood
  • Urby Emanuelson is our greatest ever signing
  • Football in general is just a waste of time and our lives would be more fulfilling without it

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Keep hearing this need for a winger but where is said winger gonna fit in ??

If we play 433 we have Reach Harris Forestieri Joao Penney Odubajo and even Bannan who can do this role ! Whereas our CM 3 consists of Lee Hutch and Bannan (I'm not including Pelupessy as his inclusion just makes us weaker) we need at least 2 CM players before another winger !!!

You think Bannan can play wide in an attacking 433? He's not a winger. 

Odubajo isn't a winger, he's more a wing back 

Joao imo doesn't track back enough when played as a winger, a 433 becomes a 451 out of possession usually and joao doesn't do enough defensively in that position imo

Penney is totally unproven and again, isn't a winger. 

Reach, Harris and Forestieri can play those positions and I'm happy with those options, however I still think we lack abit of pace, only Harris can beat a man from a standing position really. 1 more pacey winger would be on my shopping list. 

All about opinions though innit. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, zico.b said:

IMG_20190802_142629856.thumb.jpg.2f331cc85fa86e20e039b04165bf77f7.jpg

Atdhe Nuhiu will not be available. He's moonlighting as a steward at Edgbaston. :duntmatter:

Hope he sees that piece of metal sticking up, don't want any more injuries.

I think the left back position is one we really need to add on. I wouldn’t start Fox myself, I’d play the same defence as last week but swap Palmer to RB and Odubajo to LB just because Moses seems more comfortable on both feet and played their more regularly last season than Palmer.  Also Reading main threat tomorrow is they have a couple of pacy wingers and that’s what worries me up against Morgan Fox. 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:
  • avid Hirst wasn't fit to lace Brian Deane's boots
  • Football in general is just a waste of time and our lives would be more fulfilling without it

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Can't argue with any of that. 

• Haha 2

The lad really started to improve again back end of the season. 

Probably did his confidence a world of good and was taking far less flack from the stands which helped. 

You can hide a bit in the cm, but left back there's no where to hide. 

I'd start the lad Saturday, palmer makes a good utility player and Id even try him back in that dm role as cover. 

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Call that controversial? Pah!

It's the final Friday afternoon of pre-season on Owlstalk, so that barely registers on the shitstorm-o-meter.

Let's spice things up a little with some genuinely controversial statements, shall we? *

* The views and opinions expressed in the following statements are designed to be controversial and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of areNOTwhatTHEYseem.

• David Hirst wasn't fit to lace Brian Deane's boots

:duntmatter:

Attention seeker!

Edited by owlmark