Reading fans thoughts for saturday

On 02/08/2019 at 08:32, WalthamOwl said:

3v1 win for us I reckon. 

On 02/08/2019 at 09:12, Retired Owls Fan said:

I think they're a bit leaky. We'll win this. 3-1

LADS LADS LADS 

On 02/08/2019 at 09:12, Retired Owls Fan said:

I think they're a bit leaky. We'll win this. 3-1

Good call, hope you had a few quid on it.

Probably one of the easier or easiest away days this season.

Reading looked poor again and a season of struggle for them. Players did nowt but moan, manager and coach too much windmilling no plan to win. 

I had us to win 3-1 on the Super Six, unfortunately, not all of my other predictions were that prophetic. 

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Brushed aside by 10 man Wednesday... come and have a day out at a proper club..aresholes..

Theyve got free coach travel to their 15 furthest away games this season (true) .... their chairman is standing the bill for the 12 seater mini bus for the return fixture 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Triple O said:

Hey stop criticising Reading. There are some good roads out of Reading.......all of them.

It's exciting in the centre of Reading on a Thursday night as that's when the traffic lights change. Twenty past nine if you don't want to miss it.

They don't bury their dead in Reading they just stand them up in bus shelters.

My girlfriend once said (in a moment of passion) can you take me up the sh1thole. I said I'm not taking you to Reading again. No chance.

I'll get my coat :tango:

Do you mind,  i was born in Reading.

Thank fornicate we moved away shortly after.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure how they’re going to cope dealing on the stock market on Monday morning after such a traumatic weekend. The club bar ran out of Prosecco, Pimms and canapés too.

Still, there’s always the badminton to look forward to on Thursday night.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

Just nipped across for a quick nosey on their board. Aside from the initial over optimism, the one thing they were on the money with is that Barry Bannan bossed the game and was given far too much space to dictate the play as per previous games against them. They’re also none too happy about how niggly we were, make us sound like we’re a team of absolute animals, the southern pansies! 

• Haha 1

We're not animals but we got a little bit more savvy today

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I watched their managers interview and that was strange as well. Claimed we didn’t make chances to score and only capitalised on the mistakes of Reading. Also waffled on about how they were better in moments of the game.

46 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

We're not animals but we got a little bit more savvy today

I loved the chanting of dirty northern bar stewards. Loved it. I want to hear more of that.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

That’ll teach them for voting Remain.

lol 

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I loved the chanting of dirty northern bar stewards. Loved it. I want to hear more of that.

I farted around on their Hobnob forum last night.

They called us cynical, professional, dirty, aggressive and quick on the break. I had to read it twice to be sure it was us. Love it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I farted around on their Hobnob forum last night.

They called us cynical, professional, dirty, aggressive and quick on the break. I had to read it twice to be sure it was us. Love it.

Me too Holmsy. We’re in danger of sounding like a football team at this rate.

As ReginaldD said, the quotes are from a Wednesday Facebook page with an agenda to post cocky Royals giving it large. No way does it represent the thoughts of all, or even the majority, of their fans.

I share a bed with a Reading fan and her enthusiasm for the football season waned the closer to kick off it became.

Most fans are excited and optimistic in preseason, the Reading fans I've spoken to lost that enthusiasm weeks ago (pretty much after their first preseason game).

2 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

As ReginaldD said, the quotes are from a Wednesday Facebook page with an agenda to post cocky Royals giving it large. No way does it represent the thoughts of all, or even the majority, of their fans.

I share a bed with a Reading fan and her enthusiasm for the football season waned the closer to kick off it became.

Most fans are excited and optimistic in preseason, the Reading fans I've spoken to lost that enthusiasm weeks ago (pretty much after their first preseason game).

Does your wife know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A word of praise for their stewards though, friendly, helpful and a credit to the club. Their stewarding bill must be one of the highest in the championship though

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Reading.... its the Barnsley of the south

No it’s not. I didn’t see anyone with six fingers or a whippet all day. 

1 minute ago, Howards back said:

No it’s not. I didn’t see anyone with six fingers or a whippet all day. 

They have 6 toes that's why

• Haha 1