Reading fans thoughts for saturday

Think it depends on our approach.  If we are to go for it and achieve any sort of objective this season I think it will be  0-2 or more.  On the other hand if we are going to be cautious of away games, sit back and hope for an opportunity at some point, the result would be anyone's guess.  I don't see any evidence from preseason games suggesting the latter.  For that reason I'm REALLY confident.

Why the pessimism?

Our performances in the closed season have shown a lot of promise, and the new guys that we've got in add well to our squad. Yes we let go of Hooper & Matias, but Hooper was injured much of the time - and our strikers have been doing fine without him. And as for Matias, he was hot and cold.

Come on guys, up the Owls. We're going to storm the league!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Pretty much everyone on the social media have dismissed us to mid table and below mediocrity, if we can keep fit we will be the ones surprising people.  FF is going to be a big miss though. 

He's hardly kicked a ball for us in 2 years, so to be fair we've got used to getting by more often than not without him. We'll be OK and hopefully the lack of pressure with everyone not experiencing much of us will help us. 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's hardly kicked a ball for us in 2 years, so to be fair we've got used to getting by more often than not without him. We'll be OK and hopefully the lack of pressure with everyone not experiencing much of us will help us. 

Got to wonder if FF mindset will be ok. Could go either way proves what a great player he is or gets sent off.

Wonder what the odds on a FF red card are?

On paper, we have a better team than Reading. 

It's very hard to call when you're going into a new season without an actual manager. 

Still - I think we have enough about us to get a positive result tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Pretty much everyone on the social media have dismissed us to mid table and below mediocrity, if we can keep fit we will be the ones surprising people.  FF is going to be a big miss though. 

Sure I read that because he is appealing he's free to play until the outcome.

38 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

One game in.!! 

Exactly, we need a good start as will calm everything down.

Would you not think that if we have any ideas of doing well we should be getting results at places like Reading, luton, blackburn, Wigan. Look at last years start away.

Will be a good test tomorrow and an indication of where we currently are at.

Reading had a poor season last season and are unfancied  again this one. Away at a ground at which we generally struggle. First game of season though so a great chance to put a marker down and attract a quality manager (can dream!)

Lets hope we are prepared and up for it from the off.

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Will be a good test tomorrow and an indication of where we currently are at.

Reading had a poor season last season and are unfancied  again this one. Away at a ground at which we generally struggle. First game of season though so a great chance to put a marker down and attract a quality manager (can dream!)

Lets hope we are prepared and up for it from the off.

It does have the feeling of Preston or Wigan to it. 2 away games on the first day of the season in a row where we've gone down and not competed at all. 

32 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Exactly, we need a good start as will calm everything down.

Would you not think that if we have any ideas of doing well we should be getting results at places like Reading, luton, blackburn, Wigan. Look at last years start away.

Last season is gone, has no bearing on tomorrow's match, our record at Reading ain't all that, I just don't get this almost patronising attitude toward those teams you mention, we win we'll have deserved to, we lose we'll have deserved to, I ain't gunna be losing my shyte after one game, good bad or indifferent,There'll be 45games left, it's what we do during those that'll determine how good a season we will have had.

Calm everything down yeh, good luck with that one. 

You wait and see, when Bullen announces the team for tomorrow "we're weak at the back, wtf, Palmers playing, we're weak on the right, that's to open, that's to defensive" blah, blah, bleeding blah. 

There's no such thing as calm on here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, poite said:

One of the responses was so good they quoted it twice 

Or did they run out of fans?

Think it's more the case the bloke who runs the Wednesday sing on Facebook rang out of comments from Reading fans which suit his agenda of creating debate comments etc.

The Wednesday sing is the talksport of Wednesday social media group. 

Edited by ReginaldD