Reading fans thoughts for saturday

27 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I really have no idea with this one or indeed our team.

If Bruce was still in charge I'd be confident of taking points but as things stand I'm not so sure. Hope it's not a super 6 fixture because I really can't call it.

Can't really recall a time when I was honest with my super6 predictions involving us.

Usually i'm confidently spending a million quid while i daydream the week away.

• Like 1

Fans of most teams tend to be deluded, blinkered or over-confident, before a season starts. Looking at our own prediction thread, many of us seem confident about the game too. To be honest, I was more confident and optimistic before all the Bruce saga started. Both teams for different reasons, could be surprise teams this season. It's a difficult League to predict. Opening day fixtures tend to be tricky to predict, pre-season results mean very little, they could go either way or quite often they end up being timid tight stalemates. I think it'll more likely be a draw or a close game but hoping we'll start off well and hit the ground running for a change.

Edited by The Night-Owl

55 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Lived in Reading for a few years, some of em think they’re the Chelsea Headhunters. Another bunch of mockneys living in mummy & daddy’s million pound leafy suburban house.

Decent night out is Reading though.

Some great pubs and micro breweries

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Pretty much everyone on the social media have dismissed us to mid table and below mediocrity, if we can keep fit we will be the ones surprising people.  FF is going to be a big miss though. 

Were a mid table team at best, weaker squad defensively than last season.

It is one thing if they think they are playing well, maybe they are, but why should manager-less mean so much in a first game.

It may become a problem if we stay without a manager for any length of time.

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

But where on gods green earth did they find that weird Owl crest.

...and this^