Scottish Football Returns.

I just cant see the excitement when you already know whose going to win the title.

I suppose a similar thing could be said of the Prem (the proper one), but at least there's a chance someone might top City.

The SPL is just a procession these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I just cant see the excitement when you already know whose going to win the title.

I suppose a similar thing could be said of the Prem (the proper one), but at least there's a chance someone might top City.

The SPL is just a procession these days. 

I love a good procession mate!

I hate how Scottish football gets so much airtime, like when they read results it goes EPL, then spl, the championship, it's like who cares. Also why do they let us know Scottish league 1 and 2 results, they're like the equivalent of our 7th tier which wouldn't be read out on tv.

38 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I hate how Scottish football gets so much airtime, like when they read results it goes EPL, then spl, the championship, it's like who cares. Also why do they let us know Scottish league 1 and 2 results, they're like the equivalent of our 7th tier which wouldn't be read out on tv.

Does it really bother you that much?

I don't follow Scottish football myself but don't get wound up about it getting airtime.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Does it really bother you that much?

I don't follow Scottish football myself but don't get wound up about it getting airtime.

Yeh it really bothers me having to see how Cowdenbeath have gone on to hear the results I'm interested in. It's a country of 5 million, they get too much coverage.

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

H1b5

League Cup: Hearts

Scottish Cup: Celtic

Can't help but feel Celtic's decision to re-appoint Lennon will backfire and Rangers will nick it.

Not just saying that cos I live up here these days, but I'd love to see some cash back in the Scottish game. Enjoyed watching Scottish football in the Larsson/Laudrup years, and the bigger clubs deserve a better platform to be performing on in a day and age where football is at its most popular.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's read out once a week, on a Saturday when you're probably on your way back from Hillsborough, and for like 45 seconds. lol

BTW, sure my tele reads English top 4 leagues first, then moves on to Scotland (and I'm in Scotland)!

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh it really bothers me having to see how Cowdenbeath have gone on to hear the results I'm interested in. It's a country of 5 million, they get too much coverage.

If anything it’s the English lower leagues that get too much coverage.

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

If anything it’s the English lower leagues that get too much coverage.

Only you and the BBC seem to hold that view.

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just put yer boot through the telly next time it’s on and show em who’s boss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

It's read out once a week, on a Saturday when you're probably on your way back from Hillsborough, and for like 45 seconds. lol

BTW, sure my tele reads English top 4 leagues first, then moves on to Scotland (and I'm in Scotland)!

What about in week when you want to see the league table quickly and you gotta sit through where alloa and Elgin are. Why don't they cover northern counties league etc if they are gonna show that

• Haha 1

Scottish football will always be a laughing stock until they go back to proper league sizes (16 or 18 instead of 12 and 10).

Rangers and Celtic leaving to join the English leagues would also help Scottish football in the long run too, with big short term losses however.

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Scottish football will always be a laughing stock until they go back to proper league sizes (16 or 18 instead of 12 and 10).

Rangers and Celtic leaving to join the English leagues would also help Scottish football in the long run too, with big short term losses however.

Celtic would certainly bring a lot to the English league with the partisan fans and colourful displays and charitable causes to warm the hearts and minds of every far right fan down south.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

giphy-7.gif

6 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Celtic would certainly bring a lot to the English league with the partisan fans and colourful displays and charitable causes to warm the hearts and minds of every far right fan down south.

And a lot of claret for our hospital staff to deal with.

There would be pros and cons about them both joining, with premier league money they could both be huge clubs but as it stands they're just big fishes in a very tiny pond.

12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

And a lot of claret for our hospital staff to deal with.

There would be pros and cons about them both joining, with premier league money they could both be huge clubs but as it stands they're just big fishes in a very tiny pond.

With the turnover Celtic have at the moment and if they were ever fortunate to get into the premier league with the cash that comes with it, you are talking astronomical finances.