Is It Press Conference Today?

40 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Why?

Same uninformative questions, mostly barely audible, same bland answers. Nothing of any note is said. No manager is going to reveal his team or formation or new injury concerns. Anything that is said, could be (and often is) given in a written online statement. 

Tomorrow's presser.

Q1: Can you update us on the manager situation? 

A1: No

Q2: Is an appointment imminent?

A2: Don't know

Q3: will FF be playing? What frame of mind is he in?

A3: I'll let you know the team in due course. FF will be considered. He's disappointed with the verdict, but he's raring to go.

Q4: Any news on incoming transfers (Hector)?

A4: No

Q5: How has pre-season gone?

Q5: Very good. We're ready to go.

Q6: We've seen a high press in pre season matches, will that continue at Reading?

A6: Maybe

Q7: what do you see are the threats posed by Reading?

A7: [Players name] is a threat, but we'll be prepared. I prefer to concentrate on my team and how we can dictate the game.

Q8: How are the new guys fitting in? Will they all play?

A8: Very well. Maybe, they're all available for selection.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Same uninformative questions, mostly barely audible, same bland answers. Nothing of any note is said. No manager is going to reveal his team or formation or new injury concerns. Anything that is said, could be (and often is) given in a written online statement. 

Tomorrow's presser.

Q1: Can you update us on the manager situation? 

A1: No

Q2: Is an appointment imminent?

A2: Don't know

Q3: will FF be playing? What frame of mind is he in?

A3: I'll let you know the team in due course. FF will be considered. He's disappointed with the verdict, but he's raring to go.

Q4: Any news on incoming transfers (Hector)?

A4: No

Q5: How has pre-season gone?

Q5: Very good. We're ready to go.

Q6: We've seen a high press in pre season matches, will that continue at Reading?

A6: Maybe

Q7: what do you see are the threats posed by Reading?

A7: [Players name] is a threat, but we'll be prepared. I prefer to concentrate on my team and how we can dictate the game.

Q8: How are the new guys fitting in? Will they all play?

A8: Very well. Maybe, they're all available for selection.

Totally with you. Same way as I don’t understand the point in pundits on telly picking over referee/manager/player decisions. You could just record them and play the same thing back every week. 

8 minutes ago, dykwim said:

Totally with you. Same way as I don’t understand the point in pundits on telly picking over referee/manager/player decisions. You could just record them and play the same thing back every week. 

In the clamour to appear knowledgeable, the role of plain old chance is almost completely overlooked apart from something like a shot hitting the post being described as 'unlucky'. Very few pundits are able to speak in anything other than accepted wisdoms and cliches that have been previously vetted by endless repetition from other members of the old boys network.

• Haha 1

There are a few players and managers worth listening too.

98% are just the same garbage designed to feed fans crap to fulfill media contractual obligations.

Thats one of the reasons I appreciated Carlos and appreciate Hutch. 

Edited by McRightSide

2 minutes ago, deano said:

Just watched the press conference, sounds like we will be bringing a couple in. 

Doesn't sound encouraging re Hector, sounds like Chelsea might want more than we can justify. 

Got that impression also regarding Hector that valuations probably differ, but also take positive is it does sound like we are still in for him and not given up and moved on to different targets....... might end up a deadline day deal my feeling.

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

What gave the impression that there might be incomings?

Tend to agree. More hope than expectation. 

Hector too expensive currently, names given to DC but like everything, including the manager situation, nothing is happening until DC returns. Purely my interpretation of course.

It's one element of DC's ownership I dont like. We're never prepared squad wise for the first game, this season we dont even have a manager. Its almost as if we treat the first couple of games as pre season before getting our act together. 

Even after Bruce left, we've had 3 weeks to appoint a manager, let him work with the squad and use the loan market. Instead, we've done nothing.