Norwich Rhodes Bid

14 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why are clubs throwing 15-20 million on average Bristol City players but won't pay the going rate for a proven goalscorer on our books. 

Because we are an easy target. They know the financial issues and are trying to unsettle him to force a move. They've seen Bruce just do one and the fa have it in for us with the forestieri update that happened today. 

22 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why are clubs throwing 15-20 million on average Bristol City players but won't pay the going rate for a proven goalscorer on our books. 

Since October 2015 Rhodes has scored 29 goals in 76+61 appearances.

In that same period, the much maligned Atdhe Nuhiu has scored 21 goals in 51+83 appearances.

Food for thought when discussing the notion of a 'proven goalscorer' and how sought after he might be at the moment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m coming to the conclusion that other clubs think the niaivity of Mr C is there to be taken advantage of, and our financial situation such that we’ll drop our trousers and bend over.

See your point ,  but theres not really any evidence of it happening is there ?

Guest Jack the Hat

I don’t understand some of our fans obsession with trying to offload Rhodes. Ok we overpaid but that’s in the past. We wasted far more on Jones and Abdi. We bought him because he could get that goal when we need it to take us up. He still can and finally we may get some crosses to him.

Having thought about this if I was Wednesday I would have gone back with the offer of a swap deal. For example Buendia for Rhodes, or Godfrey for Rhodes, I would also accept Stiepermann in exchange for him.

It would hopefully make Norwich go away or get real.