Osaze Urhoghide Signs

It's pronounced (more or less): air-oh-gee-day

The air-oh is pretty quick tho, once syllable.. like 'aero' i guess

the gee sounds has the same g sound as goo does, it's soft, not the hard capital letter sound.

soo... simples...

aero-gee-day

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's pretty rare, how many can you think of? Released from FL72 clubs but have made it big?

Andy Robertson was released by Celtic at 15, but just won the champions league.. does that count?

That's the bar I'm setting for Urhoghide anyway. Good luck, sir! :D

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Andy Robertson was released by Celtic at 15, but just won the champions league.. does that count?

That's the bar I'm setting for Urhoghide anyway. Good luck, sir! :D

No, the development squad signs players released that are older than that like 18-20, different to being released as a child.

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

To be fair, he looks decent. Strong, pacey, good in the air, keeps his head up and spots a pass well, and loves to get forward. Good luck Osaze and welcome to the mad house! :Chansiri:

I haven't watched the whole thing, skipped much of it, but it seems to be a defender just doing the basics of defending, nothing outstanding. And the one time he looks good, carrying the ball forward and laying on a chance for a team mate is actually on there at least twice!

He must have a great agent - story on our OS says he's been "in and around the first team" at Wimbledon - when he's actually only ever been on the bench once, for a Checkatrade Trophy game. Didn't even get off the bench in their FA Youth Cup tie.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's pretty rare, how many can you think of? Released from FL72 clubs but have made it big?

The way I read the article in the OP it sounded like he left because they wouldn't match his demands for a new contract, rather than not wanting to keep him at all.

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

The way I read the article in the OP it sounded like he left because they wouldn't match his demands for a new contract, rather than not wanting to keep him at all.

This.

He says he didn't get an improved contract.. which suggests he got an offer, but that it was the same terms.

If he's in the Nigeria u23 squad, he must have some ability. They're a decent football nation, they don't just call up anyone, there's guys in there from arsenal, liverpool, porto and villareal. It's a good indication that he's got something about him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

He's 19 and has never played a game for them. I don't get the logic at all.

43 minutes ago, cookeh said:

This.

He says he didn't get an improved contract.. which suggests he got an offer, but that it was the same terms.

If he's in the Nigeria u23 squad, he must have some ability. They're a decent football nation, they don't just call up anyone, there's guys in there from arsenal, liverpool, porto and villareal. It's a good indication that he's got something about him.

Nigeria are rubbish, it's more of an inducement that he's not good enough because any player with big aspirations would want to play for England

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Mate, there used to be some graffiti on the bottom of Fitzwilliam St, where somebody had sprayed OLWS

Reminds me of a bloke down south somewhere who had ... I kid you not... PHYSCO tattooed on his forehead