Predicitions

Depends who we appoint. Based on the latest shortest odds I would predict:

8th under Hughton, Rowett

10th under Pearson

13th under Pulis, Monk

15th under Bullen

19th under Coleman

And anywhere between 4th-18th under Silva, van Bronckhorst and the Cowleys, who are more unknown quantities 

Difficult to say one way or the other, until we confirm Bruce's replacement and the transfer/loan windows shut.

I was optimistic pre-Bruce saga of hitting the ground running and pushing for a play-off spot. Now I ain't sure to be honest. The League although, there might not be clear favourites, will be tough and competitive, as ever, maybe even more so. I'd love for us to be this seasons dark horse but at the moment I can't see it, unless we get a proven suitable replacement for Bruce (i.e. Hughton or Jokanovic) or bring in a high profile younger foreign manager (such as Gio or Tedesco for example) plus we need at least a couple more signings.

Without a decent new manager and/or a couple more signings = just outside play-off's at best/mid-table/topsy-turvy season. With a decent new manager and a couple more signings = a play-off place.

Would like to think that the new players are more or less fully integrated into the squad now, so will start strongly, and fixtures have been fairly kind in August (on paper at least)..

We need to understand our first XI & formation and stick with it as best we can...

Think with the return of Lee & acquisition of Harris, we have more going forward than last - just need the strikers to hit some kind of form..

Forestieri owes us a good season too..

THEN, a lot of it depends on the other so-called "favourites" too.

FULHAM  -  Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been added to the squad, but what of Mitrovic & Sessegnon - if they both stay, you have to put them as clear favourites for the title..

LEEDS  -  A few departures and injuries make them not quite the force they were last season

They also seem to have been fairly quiet in the transfer market, and you saw how that affected them, leading to them fading away at the back end of the season..

WEST BROM, 'BORO, DERBY - all have new Managers so in a similar situation to us, albeit, their Managers have a 3-4wk headstart..

Can see us being in top 10, but with a little bit of luck and keeping relatively injury free, we might, just might sneak in the play-offs..

28 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Would like to think that the new players are more or less fully integrated into the squad now, so will start strongly, and fixtures have been fairly kind in August (on paper at least)..

We need to understand our first XI & formation and stick with it as best we can...

Think with the return of Lee & acquisition of Harris, we have more going forward than last - just need the strikers to hit some kind of form..

Forestieri owes us a good season too..

THEN, a lot of it depends on the other so-called "favourites" too.

FULHAM  -  Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been added to the squad, but what of Mitrovic & Sessegnon - if they both stay, you have to put them as clear favourites for the title..

LEEDS  -  A few departures and injuries make them not quite the force they were last season

They also seem to have been fairly quiet in the transfer market, and you saw how that affected them, leading to them fading away at the back end of the season..

WEST BROM, 'BORO, DERBY - all have new Managers so in a similar situation to us, albeit, their Managers have a 3-4wk headstart..

Can see us being in top 10, but with a little bit of luck and keeping relatively injury free, we might, just might sneak in the play-offs..

A few dark horses too: Preston and Bristol City, possibly Blackburn.