Hughton's Taxi

Guest Kameron

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fwa-20192020-season-preview-tickets-64730613006

Description

Join the Football Writers’ Association for an intimate 2019/20 season preview at the prestigious Landmark Hotel. Host, Gerry Cox will be joined by former Spurs and Manchester United striker, Teddy Sheringham, ex-Brighton boss, Chris Hughton, Simon Jordan, former owner of Crystal Palace FC and Chair of the Football Writers’ Association, Carrie Brown.

With additional special guests set to be confirmed, the evening is sure to be packed with insight and entertainment.

Time: 7.30pm-10pm

Cost: £10 (excl. booking fee) each ticket includes one free drink

All proceeds will go to Alzheimer’s Society.

6 minutes ago, Kameron said:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fwa-20192020-season-preview-tickets-64730613006

Description

Join the Football Writers’ Association for an intimate 2019/20 season preview at the prestigious Landmark Hotel. Host, Gerry Cox will be joined by former Spurs and Manchester United striker, Teddy Sheringham, ex-Brighton boss, Chris Hughton, Simon Jordan, former owner of Crystal Palace FC and Chair of the Football Writers’ Association, Carrie Brown.

With additional special guests set to be confirmed, the evening is sure to be packed with insight and entertainment.

Time: 7.30pm-10pm

Cost: £10 (excl. booking fee) each ticket includes one free drink

All proceeds will go to Alzheimer’s Society.

That's on 6th August lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Somebody put a bit of effort into this if hoax as time coincides with getting to Sheffield from Brighton with start time at 8:07 with arrival at 12:01. 

Wow, if you have the time and inclination to check that out you need to find a real hobby.

Does Hughton actually live in Brighton?

57 minutes ago, alanharper said:

From his Twitter posts the guy does seem to be an actual taxi driver , and a Wednesdayite. But also a bit of a tool, so who knows. 

WAWAW, except for Adrian Grubb who's a bit of a tool.

Shame on you*. He's either trying to help or he has a devious mind and likes a wind up. Top man in either case.lol

* not really

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Wow, if you have the time and inclination to check that out you need to find a real hobby.

Does Hughton actually live in Brighton?

Lives in that area. It actually took about 2-3 minutes. Just type in Brighton to London trains in Browser. British rail thing comes up say get times ticket click on that put a time in yo want to travel I said 7;30 up came train times and he would have to make 1 change. I was surprised he could have got a reasonable train to get into station at that time and iyt worked well with 12:15 time. Spend a lot of time on line so get used to looking things up.

• Like 1

Just now, Owlsend said:

Don’t know why everyone is getting excited why would he travel on a train and then taxi when he drives???

Driving from Brighton to Sheffield is not my idea of fun, ior good usage of time.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Lives in that area. It actually took about 2-3 minutes. Just type in Brighton to London trains in Browser. British rail thing comes up say get times ticket click on that put a time in yo want to travel I said 7;30 up came train times and he would have to make 1 change. I was surprised he could have got a reasonable train to get into station at that time and iyt worked well with 12:15 time. Spend a lot of time on line so get used to looking things up.

I lived in Brighton for 30 years, never met him.

He must be flush, Brighton to Sheffield is a lot cheaper by coach.

It used to take me about 6 hours by train. Taxi to Brighton Station, Train to Victoria, Underground across London takes forever. Kings Cross to Sheffield. Looks like they've done away with the underground bit of the journey.

Good sleuthing Quist.

Some Pig on Twitter - i'll give em that one :) 

#SWFC to announce Chris Hughton as the new club manager on Wednesday. However, Lee Bullen will continue in charge until the 3rd of November as Chris wants to watch Newcastle’s first few games, The Ashes and then the Rugby World Cup.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I lived in Brighton for 30 years, never met him.

He must be flush, Brighton to Sheffield is a lot cheaper by coach.

It used to take me about 6 hours by train. Taxi to Brighton Station, Train to Victoria, Underground across London takes forever. Kings Cross to Sheffield. Looks like they've done away with the underground bit of the journey.

Good sleuthing Quist.

Victoria to kings cross is dead easy mate 10 min max do it regularly