Don’t know what issue with bullen is

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The issue with Bullen is, he is a make do instead of the manager we need, you could say he is the cheap option.

So Bullen's in charge, but he has not been placed in charge so as things stand we have no championship quality left back, we need another centre back, when Hutch get injured we will be short in central midfield and we have no recognised right midfielder at the whole club.

If we have an experienced manager in charge such as Rowett, Hughton etc they would see this and look to bring the players in to give the squad the best chance of success. Not to mention moving out the players we don't need. 

Bullen on the other hand will do what the chairman tells him, no players will be coming in before the transfer window shuts and once again we will be going into a new season with a very unbalance squad where players are having to play out of position because adequate cover has not been brought in.

As most saw on Sunday with Joao a striker playing right wing, or Palmer a right sided defender having to do a job at left back because you guessed it we don't have a championship quality left back. Or the change Bullen made at centre back, did he bring on the centre back he had on the bench JVA, no he brought on a right back at centre back whose error cost us a goal and the win.

He makes these sorts of tactical or team errors at the week end and against a very poor Reading team instead of starting with 3 points we could end up with 0.

To be fair to him it was about giving players time on the pitch rather than a tactical battle to win the game. I don't hold that against him but I don't want him as manager.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Nothing against Bullen taking charge in the short term. 
But any longer then a few weeks then sorry its a no from me.
If another vacancy came up in the Championship or below would Lee Bullen be likely to be appointed?

Loving the club and having 'passion' is not a bad thing but I want a manager who can offer more than that.

What if he won say 6 games on trot...would you change it?

Understand the desire for Bullen, his loyalty and love of the club and the timing at the start of the new season, however, I'd question his ability under pressure. We've seen this before, where he has done well, then buckled.
That's my only concern with him. I don't think he'd get us to the playoffs, it'd take a massive team morale building exercise, and I don't think many managers could gel this current squad together most of the season.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

5 minutes ago, kazads said:

What if he won say 6 games on trot...would you change it?

Nope 

long term over the course of a season I dont think he’s got the tactical nouse to be successful as a full time manager, he’s also shown in the past he’s not great under pressure and practically begged Chansiri to bring someone else in post Carlos

To be honest I’m sick of discussing it, I think Lee is absolutely vital to this football club in the role he’s held past few years , he’s a great coach and held in high esteem by the players and chairman and a fantastic ambassador for the club.  

I think we all know post Carlos and Jos he did NOT want the full time role and I personally don’t really believe he does this time but there’s a lot of pressure been applied for Chansiri to give him a chance and Lee himself to have a go, I would absolutely hate to see him leave our football club and want him to continue doing what he does best 

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think he is probably too close / pally to the players and it would be difficult changing that to manager mode - players need to be happy, yes, but if they get too comfortable (as I suspect they did with CC) then it's a problem.

Funny, but I've never got that impression.  There's respect there undoubtedly, and they are big enough boys not to take a lend.  The next couple of games will prove me/us right or wrong.  But Sir Alex hardly pulled trees up to begin with, so how about we cut a dyed-in-the-wool Wednesdayite some slack here, and support him regardless.  He knows what he's doing, and DC will make the right choice.  He has a whole lot more to lose than any of us

Bulls, love him.  Issue I have is that if he doesn't work out and we have to sack him, then we're fkd as Bullen is always the caretaker who comes and steadies the ship.

Can we clone him?  If he doesn't work out we can just bring a holographic version of Bully to come in as interim?

Bullen is a pair of safe hands. We will be fine under his leadership. Fine, but that's it. If we want to move forward we need a proven manager in this league.

I love the man, he is Wednesday, but not everyone is cut out to be a manager. Doesn't mean is isn't vital for the club, just not in that role.

3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

The 3-0 home defeat against Burton scarred me forever having Bullen in charge.

I love the bloke, but we need a proper manager in.

Of course we do, I dont know any fans who dont want Bullen to be part of the club, but he isn't the man to manage the team and get them in the play offs and I think if it did happen, unfortunately I will be proved right.

I am however more than happy for someone to dig this out if we do.

16 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Bulls, love him.  Issue I have is that if he doesn't work out and we have to sack him, then we're fkd as Bullen is always the caretaker who comes and steadies the ship.

Can we clone him?  If he doesn't work out we can just bring a holographic version of Bully to come in as interim?

Hey that's an idea, can we also clone Marshall, Loovens, Wickham, Johnson and of course Stevie May!

4 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Some fans moaning that he’ll be in charge but what I don’t get is he was working alongside Bruce remember and the fitness coach etc is still with us so all bullen would be doing is continuing the progress Bruce started surely maybe with a twist of his own ideas but other things he might roll with ?? Everyone believed Bruce would get us there so bullen surely won’t change too many things. But a new manager would change a lot more surely. So if we was all optimistic under Bruce then stay optimistic with bullen I am 

The big discrepancy for me is that the likes of Gray was expected to do it on a shoestring with Bullen.

Bigger name managers have more coaching staff.

Build a quality coaching team around Bullen. I think that would be money better spent than on some journeyman.

Isn't the problem this:

The players have just been intensely trained for six weeks (and to some extent the six months before) to play football in a certain style: high pressing, high intensity, relatively direct - in other words old school "British" football.

Bringing in a manager who plays a totally different style of football and would want to rip this all up and re-train the players *again* at this point would not be helpful and would represent a massive risk.

In these circumstances keeping the current coaching team in place until they prove they can do it long term, or until a first choice candidate becomes available is a sensible and less risky move. 

If there’s no-one that we really want we honestly may as well just give him a shot.

1 year contract.

My guess is that we end up with a bit of a Stuart Gray situation as such.

In the sense that we have an easy start so we get a couple of results, Chansiri just lets it run, bookies payout at 10 games and then somewhere later down the line we make a change 

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone that served an apprenticeship under Jos will never make a successful manager. 

I don’t  agree.

He must have seen many things that a manager must never ever do working under Jos.

A good manager never stops learning.