Impressive Managerial Appointment?

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

We're reaching the close of a hectic summer without football. The season is about to start and we are still without a permanent manager, and two coaches down. 

How Chansiri stuck to his guns and stood up against Newcastle earned him many plaudits from Wednesday fans, but now is the big test. 

After the impact of the Bruce departure surely we could have got a quick replacement, Zola, Coleman, Holloway, Pulis etc. Surely Chansiri wouldn't delay the appointment of any of these average managers. 

If we don't appoint a high calibre manager I feel Chansiri could lose any support he's gained over the summer. If we appointed Coleman after a preseason without a manager, there would be uproar. 

So what is the delay? Is Chansiri waiting for the right man, or are there other things going on behind the scenes preventing us doing so? 

Personally think he's being intelligent about it.  The timing was not ideal for any big changes, not least bringing in a new manager. At least Bullen keeps the consistency, keeps to the plans everyone has been working on. 

He could have rushed an appointment.

Job is Bullens to lose imo. We start sh*t and we'll have a new manager soon. Get off to a good start though....

We afforded patience and support for Stuart Gray, so why not with Bullen.....

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Just chill and see how Bullen does...

hahahaaaa I said chill....modern football fans act like the woman in threads

Nope, it's still just bell ends that say chill, nothing to do with football pal 

I feel sorry for the Chairman as the last thing he’d be expecting to do at the moment is look for another manager.

His experience with Bruce may sway him from appointing a manager of similar standing? A lot of the names in the betting are out of work and available to start yet we’re going into the season with Bullen in charge which suggests that he’s not overly convinced with the managers available?

He may want to run with Bullen for a bit but the problem there is if it goes wrong then he stands the chance of losing a good club man who is always on hand in a crisis.

If I was going to stick my neck on the line then the tweet Alan Nixon tweeted yesterday is more than likely the route we’ll go down. He’s had success with a Portuguese coach in the past whether you spin it one way or the other and I suspect he’ll go down this route again but it’ll

probably go down as well on here as a fart in an astronaut suit?

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I feel sorry for the Chairman as the last thing he’d be expecting to do at the moment is look for another manager.

His experience with Bruce may sway him from appointing a manager of similar standing? A lot of the names in the betting are out of work and available to start yet we’re going into the season with Bullen in charge which suggests that he’s not overly convinced with the managers available?

He may want to run with Bullen for a bit but the problem there is if it goes wrong then he stands the chance of losing a good club man who is always on hand in a crisis.

If I was going to stick my neck on the line then the tweet Alan Nixon tweeted yesterday is more than likely the route we’ll go down. He’s had success with a Portuguese coach in the past whether you spin it one way or the other and I suspect he’ll go down this route again but it’ll

probably go down as well on here as a fart in an astronaut suit?

Suppose it depends on who's wearing the suit. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Maybe Hughton Booked 2 weeks to Disney World and gets back on Saturday? Chansiri heard this and thought 'good idea'.

is he watching cricket somewhere?

oh ****! he played for Ireland, aren't Ireland playing in the Caribbean? 

Edited by dorian gray
+

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

We're reaching the close of a hectic summer without football. The season is about to start and we are still without a permanent manager, and two coaches down. 

How Chansiri stuck to his guns and stood up against Newcastle earned him many plaudits from Wednesday fans, but now is the big test. 

After the impact of the Bruce departure surely we could have got a quick replacement, Zola, Coleman, Holloway, Pulis etc. Surely Chansiri wouldn't delay the appointment of any of these average managers. 

If we don't appoint a high calibre manager I feel Chansiri could lose any support he's gained over the summer. If we appointed Coleman after a preseason without a manager, there would be uproar. 

So what is the delay? Is Chansiri waiting for the right man, or are there other things going on behind the scenes preventing us doing so? 

Don't know, yes or no, possibly.

Hope this clears things a little.

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Personally think he's being intelligent about it.  The timing was not ideal for any big changes, not least bringing in a new manager. At least Bullen keeps the consistency, keeps to the plans everyone has been working on. 

He could have rushed an appointment.

Job is Bullens to lose imo. We start sh*t and we'll have a new manager soon. Get off to a good start though....

We afforded patience and support for Stuart Gray, so why not with Bullen.....

I have a feeling we're going to leave bully in charge for the first 10 games or so or just before the international break. 

He does well, we offer him the job permanent, if he struggles, we get our new man in with two weeks during the break to assess, train and start implementing his ideas. 

Bruce almost managed to sneak us into the playoffs after a real turd of the first half of the season, so unless we're really floundering the new man would have time and games to change the season around. 

The thing is, the only impressive candidate who would have complete support from the fan base is Hughton.  Literally anyone else on the market would have some supporters but more detractors or leave people feeling underwhelmed.

So if Hughton has said no then its pretty hard for Chansiri to pull of an impressive coup that everyone will be happy with isn't it? Can't really ask him to do the impossible. 

I can see why, in those circumstances DC would be tempted to wait, see if LB can get us off to a good start and see if more managers make themselves available by the first international break.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Guess we are waiting as we are hoping to persuade Houghton to take the job.

If that's the case ,I don't want HUGHTON here,we've just had a manager who doesn't want to be here,why would you want another? 

• Thanks 1