Bullen in charge for Reading

15 minutes ago, Quist said:

Unfortunately this is worrying. Nixon said the same in latest tweet and said we are going foreign coach and list is mainly Portuguese. 

My preferences for manager:

1) A manager with decent managerial experience of Championship football.

2) Bullen.

*tumbleweed*

278) One of Paxo's mates using Wednesday as a way to get experience here.

Makes total sense to me, Bullen has been working on tactics, and sees the players, both in training, and in games. Why on earth would we bring somebody in days before the game, they cannot possibly influence tactics. What we have to do though, is make sure there is a prompt appointment after the Reading game, so that the new boss will have all week to work with Bullen and the players. Assuming he doesn’t only speak Portuguese

Makes complete sense. The work/analysis/tactics will have started today. They can all now knuckle down and work on it rather than a new manager coming in on Wednesday for example and changing everything! 

Good luck to Bully and the lads for Saturday! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

Doyen Group.

And possibly why someone like Hughton (or Bruce) won't work within those boundaries of not having control of all signings . Leans more towards the foreign head coach type of job 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Sounds to me like Hughton isnt interested then .

Either that or he's holding out in case his agent's heard that one of the smaller Prem clubs is on the verge of ditching their manager...

Even if someone was appointed this week, the likelihood would be that it’d be Bullen picking the team and tactics for Saturday. So just confirming this let’s everyone know where we stand. Will he get the job full-time? Possible but highly unlikely IMO. I’m expecting an unknown foreign coach if we don’t get Hughton.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

And possibly why someone like Hughton (or Bruce) won't work within those boundaries of not having control of all signings . Leans more towards the foreign head coach type of job 

I’m happy with that, at least we don’t have to keep accumulating players every time we change a manager

“The players are doing really well on all fronts and they are ready to go at Reading on Saturday. There’s going to be some players who unfortunately we will have to leave at home and they will be entitled to be very disappointed.  But that’s a reflection on how good the boys have been doing and how they are bursting to get this season started.”

~ Bullen

• Like 2

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m happy with that, at least we don’t have to keep accumulating players every time we change a manager

End of era Carlos and Jos makes me worried if following that model. Still not convinced it was Jos's decision to drop the highest earners last season. 

I’m a firm believer Bullen ain’t the man for the job but if he gives it to one of Paxaios boys over Bullen who’s got zero experience of British football nevermind the championship I wouldn’t be shocked if Bullen walked , especially if we beat Reading 

Just because Bullen is in charge Saturday it doesn't mean a new manager won't be appointed before weekend. Preparation for Saturday will have already started so makes sense to leave it to Bullen, we're in safe hands anyway so stop panicking folks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

“The players are doing really well on all fronts and they are ready to go at Reading on Saturday. There’s going to be some players who unfortunately we will have to leave at home and they will be entitled to be very disappointed.  But that’s a reflection on how good the boys have been doing and how they are bursting to get this season started.”

~ Bullen

Team & bench picks itself.  We all know what it will be, there won't be any surprises.  

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Team & bench picks itself.  We all know what it will be, there won't be any surprises.  

This would be mine...

Westwood

Odubajo     Lees(c)      Borner  Palmer

Hutchinson

Lee                 Bannan

Reach               Fletcher            Harris

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

End of era Carlos and Jos makes me worried if following that model. Still not convinced it was Jos's decision to drop the highest earners last season. 

No, I think you’re probably right about Jos. In that particular instance, I believe he was made a scapegoat for other people’s decisions. He lost his job, correctly in my opinion, because tactically, he was inept Or at least he was unable to get his ideas across Either way, it was the right decision though