11 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Your own experience? 

I've met Nigel a couple of times - once on a professional basis. I found him good company, quite forthright when it came to football but always polite and respectful. He's also quite a funny guy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

I've met Nigel a couple of times - once on a professional basis. I found him good company, quite forthright when it came to football but always polite and respectful. He's also quite a funny guy. 

Find him exactly the same but it seems if one or two people post on here what a tyrant he is it becomes the truth. 

• Like 2

Think Pearson's fearsome rep is largely down to that interview with the journo who was (in fairness) giving him a hard time, and his touchline tangle with a player (can't remember who that was directed at). To be fair to the bloke, who wouldn't have a go back if someone with little knowledge about the subject was questioning your competency.  Atkinson had a bit of an 'assertive' moment or two with various journos and so did Wilkinson.  None of these ever criticised the fans to my knowledge which makes all 3 ok in my book. 

Ps. My hope is that if Pearson is appointed he gives a certain r.s journalist a bit of aggro. Listening to that would almost justify the licence fee.

7 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Think Pearson's fearsome rep is largely down to that interview with the journo who was (in fairness) giving him a hard time, and his touchline tangle with a player (can't remember who that was directed at). To be fair to the bloke, who wouldn't have a go back if someone with little knowledge about the subject was questioning your competency.  Atkinson had a bit of an 'assertive' moment or two with various journos and so did Wilkinson.  None of these ever criticised the fans to my knowledge which makes all 3 ok in my book. 

Ps. My hope is that if Pearson is appointed he gives a certain r.s journalist a bit of aggro. Listening to that would almost justify the licence fee.

Might be worth reading up on the situation that got Pearson fired at Derby after only a handful of games mate.  I wouldn't want a loose-cannon like that in charge here.

That was three years ago.  Pearson's not managed in England since.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, supersiggi said:

So have I down at the training ground a fantastic gentleman and very knowledgeable about coaching and football in general. My money has  been on Nigel from the start, but other names have been mentioned on more than one occasion. So. we’ll  see    UTO 

• Like 2