1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I got 12s on Rowett last week (just an hunch). Even after today's news that Hughton is the favoured man, I'm not tempted by the 9/4 on him. Not because i don't believe he's in the reckoning, but because i think he's waiting for another southern club. 

Precisely the reason I don’t want him 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

When did his odds come in, I thought he'd more or less said he'd never manage us?

That was years ago and he said it was to do with his family living here. 

His kids will probably all have grown up and be adults, maybe moved away. 

I don't think he'd managed anywhere or had any offers since he got sacked by Leicesters feeder club OHL. 

Maybe his circumstances /outlook has changed. 

7 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

From what hearing, he's mulling over an offer. But that doesn't mean DC doesn't have a plan B. 

Not exactly chomping at the bit to manage us is he.

Move on. If we have to persuade him to this extent then i don't want him.. 

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

whats going off why is chansiri out of the country at this time? at the most critical time of the season, deadline day 10days away and no manager, I don't see how he could hire a manager over the phone. 

Which might suggest, it’s more likely to be an overseas based coach

7 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Houghton is the one...if he accepts the challenge. 

It's a good challenge to take on. We have some good players. 

Tom Lee 

Kieren Lees

Barry Banana

Jordan Roads

Liam Parmar

All good players who could do great this year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

The candidates have been reportedly extensively on here and in a number of media outlets. 

How do you know we haven't made offers. 

Yes, we are 1 weeks away from the season with no manager...you can thank Steve Bruce for that. 

No doubt you will be the first to start complaining if we don't get the person you want...whoever that is. 

On here? People quoting bookies lists?

Im not suggesting the circumstances we found ourselves in are the clubs fault.

we need to resolve it though.

15 minutes ago, ka58 said:

On here? People quoting bookies lists?

Im not suggesting the circumstances we found ourselves in are the clubs fault.

we need to resolve it though.

I think it's harsh to criticise Chansiri or the club in general for the time it's taken to get a manager in place. 

We were dropped in it by Bruce. Chansiri had to start the search from scratch. Yes, we could have better succession planning (bring back the committee), but that's a different issue.

Nevertheless, it seems, if all the media chatter is anything to go by, that an appointment will be made soon. I dare say that on day one, when Hughton had supposedly ruled himself out, Chansiri could have called Rowett and given him the job. Imagine the outcry though. At the time Rowett was in the "f**k me, no way, dinosaur, no championship promotions on his cv" list. What's he doing making such a rash stupid, decision?

Roll on two weeks, Chansiri has reviewed the options, spoken to some, and we fans too have realised that Rowett might not be such a bad idea after all. Alternatively, having done the job properly, he might get our first choice after all.

Pearson has been linked with the Bolton job, assuming that the proposed takeover goes ahead. I suspect that his odds have shortened with us on the assumption that the Bolton deal may collapse & he's looking for another job in England. I'd be torn if he was appointed...as a player he was a Wednesday legend, but as a Coach & a bloke he comes across as a complete turd & a bit tapped too. That said, if he was appointed I'd be fully behind the lads.

2 hours ago, poite said:

It's a good challenge to take on. We have some good players. 

Tom Lee 

Kieren Lees

Barry Banana

Jordan Roads

Liam Parmar

All good players who could do great this year

Don't forget Stephen Feltcher, Lucas Jowel, Julian Boner and Sam Winfuckall

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well it looks like we have a short list of three. Hughton, Rowett and Pearson. And it looks like in that order.

best short list of managers we’ve had in a long long time. Said Hughton all along, but would be happy with any of those three. Well done MrC

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Well it looks like we have a short list of three. Hughton, Rowett and Pearson. And it looks like in that order.

best short list of managers we’ve had in a long long time. Said Hughton all along, but would be happy with any of those three. Well done MrC

Welcome to Hillsborough László Balint!

• Haha 1