Just now, Semedo's ferret said:

Sounds like it's a tempter for him. Just glad to hear that we're trying tbh. 

We concentrating on him for now so? This is where we need to be IMO. Can't be helping us the fact the transfer window is closing early this year

Just now, Semedo's ferret said:

From what hearing, he's mulling over an offer. But that doesn't mean DC doesn't have a plan B. 

Thanks a lot for replying. 

Does Chansiri hoping to have a manager by weekend or is he not under pressure??

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Pearson's odds appear to have come in dramatically this evening. 

Anyone ITK? Or are the bookies playing games?

Screenshot_20190728-225928_Chrome.jpg

I got 12s on Rowett last week (just an hunch). Even after today's news that Hughton is the favoured man, I'm not tempted by the 9/4 on him. Not because i don't believe he's in the reckoning, but because i think he's waiting for another southern club. 

3 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I got 12s on Rowett last week (just an hunch). Even after today's news that Hughton is the favoured man, I'm not tempted by the 9/4 on him. Not because i don't believe he's in the reckoning, but because i think he's waiting for another southern club. 

If you had to guess plan B, you think it's Rowett???

I don't think the foreign coach route is way to go this year myself. We need someone who has a solid track record in this division IMO

9 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Thanks a lot for replying. 

Does Chansiri hoping to have a manager by weekend or is he not under pressure??

Do you think chansiri has a plan? I don’t.

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Do you think chansiri has a plan? I don’t.

What does that mean, exactly? 

The club is looking at candidates and should hopefully announce a new manager before too long. 

Outside of that, what plan should he have? 

7 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

IF that is the case and I do take it with a pinch of salt but I'd rather we appoint a manager who actually wants to be here then, one that would be buzzing for the job, not someone who isn't convinced by it, or worse yet, someone who could leave us high and dry like Bruce did if they think their better than us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

IF that is the case and I do take it with a pinch of salt but I'd rather we appoint a manager who actually wants to be here then, one that would be buzzing for the job, not someone who isn't convinced by it, or worse yet, someone who could leave us high and dry like Bruce did if they think their better than us. 

This would be my concern too. 

I don't want us bending over backwards again to accommodate someone and then getting shafted. 

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Yep, good post and should be taken into consideration 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

What does that mean, exactly? 

The club is looking at candidates and should hopefully announce a new manager before too long. 

Outside of that, what plan should he have? 

It’s taken far too long. What candidates are they looking at?

how long does it take to make them an offer?

were 1 week away from the season with no manager.

either we have unrealistic targets - or we’re taking too long to get realistic ones in.

Personally I don’t think Hughton will accept it, but I did hear Chansiri is trying to tempt him and that’s what the delay is 

I’d guess they’ve narrowed it down to 2 or 3 one of which is probably Rowett 

Just now, ka58 said:

It’s taken far too long. What candidates are they looking at?

how long does it take to make them an offer?

were 1 week away from the season with no manager.

either we have unrealistic targets - or we’re taking too long to get realistic ones in.

The candidates have been reportedly extensively on here and in a number of media outlets. 

How do you know we haven't made offers. 

Yes, we are 1 weeks away from the season with no manager...you can thank Steve Bruce for that. 

No doubt you will be the first to start complaining if we don't get the person you want...whoever that is. 

• Like 1