Gold numbers on back of shirt

The gold numbers look good. I'd have gold or black. It's the font I'd change, if the EFL would allow it? :ph34r: I'd have a more fancy old fashioned font, with gold or black it works fine on my PES 2019 game. Also it makes more sense to have the numbers and sponsor the same colour. I much prefer the shirts sponsor-less. :wub:

Edited by The Night-Owl

10 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why no names on the shirts? It seems all clubs have gone this way.

How are the poor old Refs going to manage when they cant copy the names off the shirts. Some have got incredibly unspellable names. 

I know they will use the numbers .

are they just nameless for pre-season?

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why no names on the shirts? It seems all clubs have gone this way.

How are the poor old Refs going to manage when they cant copy the names off the shirts. Some have got incredibly unspellable names. 

I know they will use the numbers .

They managed for over a 100 years before they brought names on shirts which was a bloody stupid idea.  Newfangled ideas, next they will be getting rid of refs. 

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

They managed for over a 100 years before they brought names on shirts which was a bloody stupid idea.  Newfangled ideas, next they will be getting rid of refs. 

Wednesday were actually the first team to have names on the back of shirts in the 93 cup final with the gooners. Trailblazers don't ya know!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Christmas said:

I'd like red tbh 

Can accept it coming from Mr Christmas. Santa is red in our house too!

After that, red is banned and should definitely not be on a Wednesday shirt.

(Cue pictures of classic shirts with red numbers and/or sponsors. Won't change my mind though)

Wednesday fans: Give us stripes all over shirt 

Also Wednesday fans: I can't see the chuffing numbers 'cause of the stripes

lol

League rules tell you what colour and font of number you have. Think they permit a different colour to be used if the colours match (eg, gold shirt), but in this instance we'll be bound by what the EFL have decided this season. So it's either stripes with near impossible to see numbers, or stripes with a blue square on the back to let you read the numbers. Can't have it both ways lads

I'm absolutely delighted that we have the stripes back and front again, so the colour of the numbers doesn't really matter to me, but surely they are meant to be for easy identification of players.  That purpose wasn't served yesterday. In fact I thought that they were silver, but they definitely were not easily identifiable.

I know we have had red many a time in the past but red has no place on a Wednesday shirt, be it the sponsor or numbers & player names. Black would be better on this kit.

To answer another question, there are strict rules regarding names and numbers these days, no names is just for pre-season.

12 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

I'm absolutely delighted that we have the stripes back and front again, so the colour of the numbers doesn't really matter to me, but surely they are meant to be for easy identification of players.  That purpose wasn't served yesterday. In fact I thought that they were silver, but they definitely were not easily identifiable.

To be fair, it's reyt daft isn't it. 

I totally understand they want standardisation and "brand consistency" and whatnot, but you'd think they would offer two or three contrasting colours (all same style) as options for clubs for both aesthetic and practical reasons.

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

Can accept it coming from Mr Christmas. Santa is red in our house too!

After that, red is banned and should definitely not be on a Wednesday shirt.

(Cue pictures of classic shirts with red numbers and/or sponsors. Won't change my mind though)

Image result for red sheffield wednesday turner