Five things we learned today

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Odubajo had a mate yesterday but he will be our best full back this year. The boy has talent. Harris was excellent. Loved the byline and is a proper winger. Wasn’t particularly impressed with Börner. Seems slow to me.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Odebajo is a potential liability, we learned that too.  Left gaping holes behind, kept losing the ball by overplaying and was responsible directly for their 2nd goal by not clearing it into row Z.

On that showing I reckon Reading will target our right side....

Maybe he was nervous but he was a bit headless chicken.  Iorfa far more solid...  I'd actually go Palmer RB and Fox LB for Reading....

Nobody will take you seriously pal suggesting Fox should play in front of someone who not so long ago was a 5 million pound player!

10 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It's called mixing it up.

You can go too far down the route of doing the same old and being predictable.

Bannan is quite predictable when you watch him enough.

He is predictable in as much as his free-kicks and corners are predictably excellent.

1. The servers are slower than Nuhiu on a go slow. With all the added attention of post season Ad revenue must be through the roof. Let’s get a server that matches the demand of best community on net?? 

2. Players that are written off on here are involved and looking decent, Fox & Rhodes especially impressed yesterday 

3. Lee is the best footballer at the club, I remember rowing after carlos’s First season who was more important FF or Lee and I still think Lee is more crucial to our success than anyone else

4. We are desperately short at CM, having to play Winall in there as we only have 4 genuine CMs at club, when we considering playing 433 or 4141 is criminal 

5. Blue & White stripes with Black shorts look the business. How we ever change away is beyond me.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Odebajo is a potential liability, we learned that too.  Left gaping holes behind, kept losing the ball by overplaying and was responsible directly for their 2nd goal by not clearing it into row Z.

On that showing I reckon Reading will target our right side....

Maybe he was nervous but he was a bit headless chicken.  Iorfa far more solid...  I'd actually go Palmer RB and Fox LB for Reading....

The sooner we get Palmer back in the right back spot, the better. Odubajo has been better on the left anyway

1. Good performance and the starting team looked really sharp

2. Fletch looks bang up for it and Bazza in a more advanced role looked good

3. KL makes all the difference playing alongside Hutch

4. Joao's touch looks to have improved and along with Harris they will keep FF out of that position on the left

5. Odubajo has a howler in him but palmer looked solid

Overall I was impressed with the starting 11, went a bit awry after making lots of changes but that is only to be expected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Shocking error to give away the second goal though.

True, but there are very few Championship midfielders who would have taken on that ball and scored with aplomb in the way the La Liga player did.  His pace will more often get him out of trouble at the level we play at. 

5 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Shocking error to give away the second goal though.

Both him and Iorfa seem to lack awareness of what’s going on behind them. Clearly, defensively at least, Palmer is head and shoulders above them at right back

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

True, but there are very few Championship midfielders who would have taken on that ball and scored with aplomb in the way the La Liga player did.  His pace will more often get him out of trouble at the level we play at. 

Adam Reach would, and there are others in our league would have had a pop at that with as good a chance of succeeding.