• Pelupessy
    • Winnall
    • Forestieri
    • Iorfa
    • Fox
    • Van Aken

Just now, dorian gray said:

bit of a Freudian slip there...

me thinks all is NOT what it seems at the 'manor house'.

We all have to bow to the #MODS!!

Even a Lord.

If we know what's good for us.

You think you're safe? Huh, no ones safe. Well, except probably one or two in the dressing room but thats..... anyway. Yes, no one is safe, from the new poster to the decades service long time poster.

Even now they're out there, the #mods  , sweeping the streets of Owlstalk looking for comments they don't like, and people to Banzor , or even worse. Move their threads to the 'Site Information section'

image.png.1a2171a8366c784c58b910bd9e250d73.png

Man, some great posters ended up down there in the Site Information. Some....some were never seen again. Those that escaped or were pardoned..well....some of them just haven't been the same since.

Touched by the moon. Vacant looking. It's a fate worse than banzoring some would say.  

Dof your cap,man. Play the game. Keep yourself alive. It's a game of survival.

etc etc

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

@beloved_aunt 

I known you have been one of our group wanting the 4-3-3.

What did you make of today? 

Bullen clearly thinks it's the way forward.

But Bullen may not be in charge for long....

I thought it didn't work, LP was getting exposes at times so LJ had to drop deep to help out which meant SF hadn't any support when we regained possession

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We all have to bow to the #MODS!!

Even a Lord.

If we know what's good for us.

You think you're safe? Huh, no ones safe. Well, except probably one or two in the dressing room but thats..... anyway. Yes, no one is safe, from the new poster to the decades service long time poster.

Even now they're out there, the #mods  , sweeping the streets of Owlstalk looking for comments they don't like, and people to Banzor , or even worse. Move their threads to the 'Site Information section'

image.png.1a2171a8366c784c58b910bd9e250d73.png

Man, some great posters ended up down there in the Site Information. Some....some were never seen again. Those that escaped or were pardoned..well....some of them just haven't been the same since.

Touched by the moon. Vacant looking. It's a fate worse than banzoring some would say.  

Dof your cap,man. Play the game. Keep yourself alive. It's a game of survival.

etc etc

****'em! and fight em!, they are THE BORG, they look to assimilate, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, never surrender.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

****'em! and fight em!, they are THE BORG, they look to assimilate, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, never surrender.

Also you have to watch out. For the dobbers. Their's loads out there. 

Trust no one!

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Can a mod remove this exchange to the correct section please?

• Haha 1

Went to the German games and was there yesterday, so my praise and grumbles are. 

Always liked joao but he's been poor and I'm losing patience he has to improve his attitude or move on. Funny but his best form seems to have come under jos, who was so uninspiring. 

Reach looks of it, wonder if he was expecting a big move and the managerial situation has scuppered it. 

Winnall looks lost and very frustrated, think he needs to go. 

FF, another favourite of mine is another that seems to have lost his way. 

Lees, looks so nervous with the ball at his feet, I can see a mistake in him every time he plays. 

Bannan and hutch, good player's, but too eager to play sweeper and leave us short elsewhere, this is where we will miss Hector and his forward movement and passing ability. 

Onto positives, great to have KL back and 6 fingers crossed that he can stay fit, palmer looks like he has really put some serious training in and showed some great footwork yesterday. Harris is a breath of fresh air and we really need to keep behind him when tricks don't work for him, and that includes his team mates. He'll be a bit of a star for us, if he can keep his confidence up. 

Fletcher has been exceptional, but he needs support from others.

When it's quiet, as in friendlies you can see what Westwood brings over our other keepers, he keeps everyone on their toes with his shouting and bollocking. Jos you were a kernob.

And finally Rhodes, I've been a massive critic of his but he looks fitter and stronger than I remember, don't know how they've done it, but he looks like he's changed his running style, if it works out we owe the new fitness coach a bonus. 

All in all a decent manager and I'm confident of a good season. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Winnall looks lost and very frustrated, think he needs to go. 

Look even more lost in midfield, and quite downcast when he was coming off. 

Think he suspects, like we do, that the first half decent bid and he'll be gone.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Look even more lost in midfield, and quite downcast when he was coming off. 

Think he suspects, like we do, that the first half decent bid and he'll be gone.

Surprised nobody has been showing serious interest in him, aside from Sunderland. To be fair, a move to a good league one club will enable him to get his career back on track. Don’t think there’d be much interest from the championship

Edited by gurujuan

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t believe a pragmatic team can get us to the Premier League, especially that one They won’t score enough goals

I agree that front 3 won’t get us enough goals but  they will be a threat and just because a certain 11 players start the game doesn’t mean they are going to be the only ones involved in the game.

People wax lyrically about Carlos’s first season but forget a lot of games were dire until the last 30 minutes when he got 3 strikers on the pitch.

We have a lot of strikers, it was embarrassing watching Bullen trying to get them all involved yesterday , but there is no reason we can’t win games from the subs bench in the last 30 minutes.

I certainly don’t see any strikers coming in on loan unless we get at least two out.

K Lee my mom, they were a few good performances, Fletcher had is usual busy game showing great touches, thought Reach was impressive and I'm surprised he's not had a single vote in mom poll. 

Rhodes looked good when he came on and Harris looked excellent, I think he'll become a fans favourite this season.

22 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Kadeem Harris is what we've been crying out for, for a number of years. We created more in the last thirty minutes than in the first hour, and that was largely down to Kadeem Harris being prepared to run at the full back, and put crosses into the danger area. Rhodes and Nuhiu looked a menace with these crosses coming into the box.

I really hope we start the next game with these three and a manager who wants to play the game the way we finished it today from the start. 

The first half was poor sideways football, litup only by a great cross from Bannan and Fletcher taking his chance brilliantly. If only we'd seen more of that combination in the first half. 

I could have wrote that word for word and agree entirely. Why you have 2 negs is beyond me :duntmatter:

7 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I could have wrote that word for word and agree entirely. Why you have 2 negs is beyond me :duntmatter:

There are people who love to neg, but there is clearly a group of fans in all clubs who think Pep is God and he has decread the only way to win matches is by passing the ball sideways.

The only problem is, if all teams play that way, then clearly the teams with the best players win the league every season. 

We don't have the players to be the Man City of the Championship, but we could do a Leicester, but for some, that's not the Wednesday they want to see. 

Ironically, when I polled on Owlstalk the other week about the style of football people prefer, the majority wanted to see Direct Attacking football. When the crowd at Hillsborough see Nuhiu on the touchline getting ready to come on, there is always a murmur of expectation. People raising their voices.  You know something is going to happen when he comes on. And with Kadeem Harris, the likelyhood is going to increase. And Rhodes is still an £8m striker if you play that way, and yet still there are fans who long for Carlos mkII to come back and tell Rhodes he doesn't know how to play football.

Succes or Failure rides on the appointment of the next Manager, as always.

• Like 1