Ben Marshall

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Why not sign a couple?

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Why not sign a couple?

How many do we need though? We are mainly talking about one spot here, as for the most part, I think it will be Forestieri, Joao or a yet unsigned wide attacker playing down the left. On the right, it will be Reach and Harris fighting it out for the other wing berth, with Odubajo an outside bet. Don’t think we need any more than three players for each position, it’s overkill.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

How many do we need though? We are mainly talking about one spot here, as for the most part, I think it will be Forestieri, Joao or a yet unsigned wide attacker playing down the left. On the right, it will be Reach and Harris fighting it out for the other wing berth, with Odubajo an outside bet. Don’t think we need any more than three players for each position, it’s overkill.

After yesterdays performance I think Harris has nailed his spot on the opposite flank.

People are saying he has little pace too? I remember him being quite speedy when he was getting on the end of long diagonal balls ..... I don’t think he’s the slowest.....maybe just not Harris quick, but then who is in this division?!

i would definitely take him back, can cross a ball with either foot, and with Fletcher and Rhodes in the team, that’s exactly what you need! 

On a free too,  no brainier, sign him up! 

• Like 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

If we signed hector you would complain about something lol 

not a long enough deal, too long a contract, why spend the money we should have got a free, you would find something 

Only if we were signing players like Marshall

I think there’s a bit of confused thinking on here. We saw yesterday, the control, playing a three in midfield gave us, with Lee making those runs beyond the front man. It’s the system that’s brought us most of our recent success. Yet people still talk about, Fletcher and Rhodes scoring for fun supplied by Harris, Reach and now Marshall. How is that going to work? 

If we want three in the middle, we can’t have two wingers and two strikers

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think there’s a bit of confused thinking on here. We saw yesterday, the control, playing a three in midfield gave us, with Lee making those runs beyond the front man. It’s the system that’s brought us most of our recent success. Yet people still talk about, Fletcher and Rhodes scoring for fun supplied by Harris, Reach and now Marshall. How is that going to work? 

We surely wont play the same system every game. If we play 4 3 3 against a 4 5 1 we will get overun in midfield. Different games different formations we have to be flexible. 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yet all our best chances were created from our wide

Fletchers goal, Rhodes header, the penalty, etc

can only think of the Reach one on one chance that wasn’t as a result of a cross

it may not be fashionable or easy on the eye but if that’s our strength we may have to use it

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Yet all our best chances were created from our wide

Fletchers goal, Rhodes header, the penalty, etc

can only think of the Reach one on one chance that wasn’t as a result of a cross

it may not be fashionable or easy on the eye but if that’s our strength we may have to use it

But my point is, if we want to play with two wingers, then it has to be just the one striker, or we reshape our midfield. Neither Bannan nor Hutchinson can play in a two man midfield. That’s the problem

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But my point is, if we want to play with two wingers, then it has to be just the one striker, or we reshape our midfield. Neither Bannan nor Hutchinson can play in a two man midfield. That’s the problem

Which is why having someone like Marshall who can deliver pinpoint balls makes sense.

18 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Makes good business sense, he'd be a Bargain for free. 

Not the quickest, but crosses a ball well and gets up n down the right with a good engine. 

It's not because he was fantastic on loan for us years ago, more because he's a good championship player, that can improve us. 

after 4 seasons of dragging ourselves down the field when in possession, it's reassuring to know we're considering someone whose 'NOT THE QUICKEST', well at least he'll fit in, and not embarrass anyone already in the squad by having pace.