Ben Marshall

You've got strikers like Fletch and Rhodes who both thrive off crosses into the box. 

I'm not sure about the rest of Ben Marshall's game, but he used to be able to whip in a half decent cross. 

Heck, he made Gary Madine look good. 

He's 28 and will cost nothing and command low wages. 

Can't see the risk in bringing him in. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You've got strikers like Fletch and Rhodes who both thrive off crosses into the box. 

I'm not sure about the rest of Ben Marshall's game, but he used to be able to whip in a half decent cross. 

Heck, he made Gary Madine look good. 

He's 28 and will cost nothing and command low wages. 

Can't see the risk in bringing him in. 

He's another winged and a different option to Harris. I would be open to signing him. On a free it seems solid business.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

7 years ago, yes but not now! I’d rather us go for a wide attacker with pace who has goals in his locker. 

Ben Marshall offers that in the Championship.

Many of our fanbase remember how good he was for us, I think the negativity is because he didn't sign for us.

If Ben Marshall comes in fit and healthy he will quickly become a favourite, which I think will see him play his best football for a few years.

We know he's got quality but he's not really had a home.

• Like 1

If we continue with the 4-3-3 then we only have Harris, Reach Forestieri and Joao fighting for those spots.

We're still waiting to see what happens with Forestieri regards the FA (Aren't we?) 

Joao is hit and miss. 

Another wide player with the ability to deliver telling service into the box is something we need.

Free transfers might well be the shop we're looking at despite the lifting of soft unbongo. 

It would be a thumbs up from me.