Ben Marshall

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I get that, but he is a player we know well and he had a decent spell at Blackburn. He’s a hard working player, direct and has a good delivery and he’s free. He’s played a lot of games at this level and been in squads that have got promoted automatically  ie Norwich and Wolves. Guessing he didn’t play much there but they thought he was worth a shot. 

he maybe, but it's a long time since I saw him in a wednesday shirt, and a different division too.

I can't fail him on what's on the video, but it will only be 'good parts' and there aren't many of them tbh.

as good as ben was at s6 (and I wish we had signed him then), right now i'm hoping for something a tad younger, quite a bit faster, perhaps more skilful, though I do like his delivery, it's just not enough for me.

I'm hoping for better than ben, or if he is to come I hope i'm wrong and he's outstandingly good, and as great an influence as he once was in a wednesday shirt.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he maybe, but it's a long time since I saw him in a wednesday shirt, and a different division too.

I can't fail him on what's on the video, but it will only be 'good parts' and there aren't many of them tbh.

as good as ben was at s6 (and I wish we had signed him then), right now i'm hoping for something a tad younger, quite a bit faster, perhaps more skilful, though I do like his delivery, it's just not enough for me.

I'm hoping for better than ben, or if he is to come I hope i'm wrong and he's outstandingly good, and as great an influence as he once was in a wednesday shirt.

I think we need more pace, but it would be on loan I suspect. 

Always liked him, but that's mainly going on his form for us all them years ago. 

Always looked a classy player to me, perhaps a right hand side of Marshall and Odubajo would compliment each other well. Pace and delivery. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we need more pace, but it would be on loan I suspect. 

yup! I don't see the need for anything but the basics to be bought in.

for me the better stuff should be loaned in, and money spent meeting the wage bill. 

ok so there's no resale value, but we're not lashing out with a transfer fee, and what resale value have we had out of our squad over the last 4 years anyway?

Anyone would think he was 34 with some of the comments. 

He’s 28 and is a free agent. He’d be as good a signing as Wallace and he was a good signing chipping in with goals and assists. 

He has linked up well with Rhodes and has a quality delivery on him. I don’t get the opposition to it.

I know I sound like his agent but it’s a low risk signing if it comes off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

A great crosser of the ball.

When everyone has been desperate for us to sign someone who can cross a ball for years.

But not good enough for us.

Welcome to Owlstalk.

And has the ability to hit a free kick on target!

Guest everydays_wednesday
2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

eric potts on't other wing too.

Tony Coleman ont bench.....

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

He’s 28 and is a free agent. He’d be as good a signing as Wallace and he was a good signing chipping in with goals and assists. 

He has linked up well with Rhodes and has a quality delivery on him. I don’t get the opposition to it.

I think everybody with a pair of football boots are 'a low risk signing if it comes off'.

it's the IF that makes all the difference.

as I say i'd like better, you wouldn't, so be it.

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

yup! I don't see the need for anything but the basics to be bought in.

for me the better stuff should be loaned in, and money spent meeting the wage bill. 

ok so there's no resale value, but we're not lashing out with a transfer fee, and what resale value have we had out of our squad over the last 4 years anyway?

I think the problem is that for good loans you still end up paying a fee. So if it works it’s a cheaper way of going up but if it doesn’t it’s just another loss.

16 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Strange isn't it. Our fans saying he's a League 1 player.

The last game he played in L1 was with us 7 years ago!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

A great crosser of the ball.

When everyone has been desperate for us to sign someone who can cross a ball for years.

But not good enough for us.

Welcome to Owlstalk.

he was once good enough for us, but how long ago was that?

6,7,8 years ago?

welcome to owlstalk.

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think the problem is that for good loans you still end up paying a fee. So if it works it’s a cheaper way of going up but if it doesn’t it’s just another loss.

I think it would likely be less of a loss that the ones we've been dealing in.

You got to wonder why Norwich have paid him up aswell, surely someone would’ve at least paid a couple of hundred grand for him ? 

Has he done it because he’s coming here and we thought we could only sign free agents, interesting