Ben Marshall

57 minutes ago, steelowl said:

at least we'd score a pen if we ever get one again

That always reminds me of when he left and joined Cardiff. My sister supports Cardiff City and I told her that he never misses a penalty ever. She told her mates at his first game during pre-season and he missed his very first penalty for them. :ghoulguy:

42 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Could still add something to us on a free. Would give us back what Wallace did for the team.

this will be his HIGHlights, is that a season's work? what about the rest of the season? I think we need better.

we'll be fancying chris limes next (one for big guns there).

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, heppers said:

Millwall fans are conkers. 

Conkers is a great idea

Imagine the Millwall fans getting all angry mad and then solving their differences with opposition fans with a game of conkers

"Oi you maag

Im gonna smash you with my 6'er aaart siiide"

Sounds much better idea than smashing up an innocent tram stop for a chnage

• Haha 3

Guest gizowl

Great delivery from free kicks and corners, can play on left or right, if you want to see the best of Rhodes and Fletcher and Joao he's the type of winger you want. 

31 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

How many RB / RWB do we need? Odjob, Palmer, Iorfa back to the glory days of stockpiling players in one position then trying to fit them in to same team... 

To be honest Iorfa I think will play more at centre half, he certainly didn’t come here as a right back , Palmer is obviously first choice right back and Odubajo can play left full back 

In all seriousness, in our situation Ben Marshall maybe isn’t the worst option out there if he wants to get his head down and work hard , but that’s a big if 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Marshall on a free is a no brainer from me. Can provide excellent back up for Harris and Reach.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

To be honest Iorfa I think will play more at centre half, he certainly didn’t come here as a right back , Palmer is obviously first choice right back and Odubajo can play left full back 

Tricky one this, I know Iorfa wants to play more central and logically it makes sense with the players we have...but then his marauding up the wing was a real highlight of our last few games last season, seems such a shame to essentially give up on that.

I’d be interested in seeing what Palmer could do in more of a DM role, sat behind Bannan and stopping him dropping so deep, but again that seems daft when Palmer’s FB game has really blossomed last 6-8 months.

*If* JVA turns into half the player he was reckoned to be, Borner proves to be a dependable unit, Odubajo stays fit and firing, Fox continues to improve, AND something positive happens re: Hector, we’re going to have some reyt decisions to make. A lot of ifs and buts there, but then chucking in Marshall too? We wanna be careful, there’s a big dressing room to keep happy as well as the accountants...

That said, as direct backup for Harris/Reach then Marshall seems a good option for nowt, of course.

Edited by Mr. Tom

45 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

this will be his HIGHlights, is that a season's work? what about the rest of the season? I think we need better.

we'll be fancying chris limes next (one for big guns there).

I get that, but he is a player we know well and he had a decent spell at Blackburn. He’s a hard working player, direct and has a good delivery and he’s free. He’s played a lot of games at this level and been in squads that have got promoted automatically  ie Norwich and Wolves. Guessing he didn’t play much there but they thought he was worth a shot. 

2 hours ago, Quist said:

League 1 player and think this illustrates Bullen is not manager material. Just going back to a player who played well for us in league 1.

Bring back Semedo, he played for us a few years ago. What's Reda up to?