Ben Marshall

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

after 4 seasons of dragging ourselves down the field when in possession, it's reassuring to know we're considering someone whose 'NOT THE QUICKEST', well at least he'll fit in, and not embarrass anyone already in the squad by having pace.

The lad Harris is quick and odabajaro too, we've also iorfa that's deceptively quite quick going forward. The from what I've seen of the odabajaro lad, he can get caught out of position a bit or down field, so someone like Marshall would cover his overlaps well. 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

true we have numbers in the striker dept.

but we're not sure of the quality of those numbers.

we have the numbers 'cos we've shifted no ****er on ever.

Been unlucky. Rhodes was loaned out but Hooper crocked, FF has had a ban hanging over him for 18 months, Winnall crocked to prevent a move to Derby. So only really Joao, Fletcher (knee issue excluded) and Nuhiu have been readily available for moving on. 

What's the fascination with players or managers that might have been decent several years ago? Similar to when we signed the likes of Rhodes. It's as backwards thinking as wanting someone like Ollie as manager, who hasn't done anything for around six years. People need to update their Championship Manager/Football Manager games. :ph34r::duntmatter::ghoulguy:lol

1 minute ago, S26 Owl said:

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/ben-marshall.37127/

Not sure what he did wrong at Millwall but they absolutely hate him. I'd have him back on minimal wages

I think from that forum it's clear why they didn't like him. They thought he was lazy and didn't put the graft in.  

18 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Been unlucky. Rhodes was loaned out but Hooper crocked, FF has had a ban hanging over him for 18 months, Winnall crocked to prevent a move to Derby. So only really Joao, Fletcher (knee issue excluded) and Nuhiu have been readily available for moving on. 

I think fletcher's wage has restricted him moving. it's not been a well run establishment, hopefully better now, but seemingly far from perfect.