OWLS - V - Espanyol (Friendly) omdt

Can’t see today’s line up being much different from next weekends. Possibly start Harris next week? Personally not sure if Joao should/will start against Reading. As has been said going to be tough to fit FF in the team, can’t imagine he will be happy on the bench though. Hope Rhodes gets some game time. Wonder which strikers we will have on the bench against Reading. Hope Rhodes is one of them but I think he will miss out. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 minutes ago, CadTheOwl said:

I get packing out a midfield with Lee, BB and Hutch... however I really want to see Rhodes and Fletch up top together more often. Joao often frustrates me out wide.

Got to combat the midfield dominating tippy - Spanish game today!

They don't like it up em.

Etc etc

• Haha 1

Bullen likes 433 Played it during the 4 games he had over Christmas. Changed it last week at half time from 442 to 433 and we was much better on from half time. I personally don’t think with the current team we have we can play 433, we only have Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Joey who can play central and 1 has just come back after 18 months out and another gets injured too regularly. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No manager spotted in the directors area yet. Perhaps they are getting on the beers with DC. Really do hope the new manager is at the game today. No sign of one and I can’t imagine we are near naming one. 

They'll be in London won't they watching on YouTube with DC :biggrin:

Edited by striker
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Liking that starting 11, interesting to see how the midfield 3 do together (presuming it is a 3), bench still looks quite weak though, need 2 or 3 loan signings to strengthen

bench looks strong to me mate

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No manager spotted in the directors area yet. Perhaps they are getting on the beers with DC. Really do hope the new manager is at the game today. No sign of one and I can’t imagine we are near naming one. 

Maybe they are all in the dugout already, a trial period for each one of them in this match.

Edited by FinnishOwl

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Got to combat the midfield dominating tippy - Spanish game today!

They don't like it up em.

Etc etc

Hoping second half they make a few changes and we can move to a 442. Be an interesting one today that is for sure..

1 minute ago, CadTheOwl said:

Hoping second half they make a few changes and we can move to a 442. Be an interesting one today that is for sure..

I'm sure if we're losing in the last ten we'll go 4-4-2, forget about midfield play and smash it in the mixer!

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Being interviewed in London this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Bullen likes 433 Played it during the 4 games he had over Christmas. Changed it last week at half time from 442 to 433 and we was much better on from half time. I personally don’t think with the current team we have we can play 433, we only have Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Joey who can play central and 1 has just come back after 18 months out and another gets injured too regularly. 

I reckon this might be why they were looking at McEacherhehwejfweran or whatever he's called.

Reach can play the advanced role. 

Does need to extra cover in there mind. 

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Thought Bullen was the man ? 

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wish they'd bring back 1-11 numbering.

What a faff trying to work the team out.

Westwood

Odubajo     Lees(c)   Borner     Palmer

Hutchinson

Lee                 Bannan

Reach               Fletcher            Joao

That's arguably our best side IMO.  A fully fit and firing FF/ Harris might challenge Joao but we have a bit of aggression, power, pace and height in that starting line up.  Controversial but Iorfa may be better than Lees and obvs a strong LB would add width and early ball down left.

Interesting to see Joao start after all the speculation.  Could be good management from Bullen to give him some confidence.  If he does stay it's about time he lived up to the outrageous potential of his various technical and physical assets.

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wish they'd bring back 1-11 numbering.

What a faff trying to work the team out.

Westwood

Odubajo     Lees(c)   Borner     Palmer

Hutchinson

Lee                 Bannan

Reach               Fletcher            Joao

My only concern with that team is two of our three central midfielders are made of biscuit .

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My only concern with that team is two of our three central midfielders are made of biscuit .

So was this guy...

Image result for ginger bread man shrek

But look at that determination on his face.

That's a face that says "I can and will play 10 games per season"

• Haha 3