OWLS - V - Espanyol (Friendly) omdt

4 minutes ago, Kalamunda said:

2-2 draw. Fletcher and Lee score. A playful tabby cat runs on to the pitch and starts to play right midfield for Espanyol...around the 75th minute I reckon. ITK.

Are you Alan Nixon, or do I have to wait for you to block me for my answer :ph34r:

• Haha 3

We gotta keep up our fine European record during this campaign. Our home European record is stronger than our away record. These are no mugs but if we can beat Barcelona at home we can beat their inferior neighbours. It will be tough but I think we'll keep a good of our kings of Europe crown. C'mon the Wednesday! 

I was going to say ITK not what it used to be.......but on reflection, I'm not so sure.

Thanks Snooty. I pray for the madness to end the days to be just the tiniest bit normal. lol

EDIT: Who the f**k is Gordon Bennet? someone new to the manager race!!! He'll be 16/1 tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Always wondered about their name. Espanol. Does it literally mean Spanish?

That'd be like us having a team in Prem called English. 

Yes it does.

Español originally but few knew how to pronounce it so they now use the Catalan spelling of Espanyol.

It's usually assumed that their fans are pro Unionist and Barcelona fans are pro separatist but I've looked into it and it's not so.  There isn't a Celtic Rangers type political divide thankfully.   

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Yes it does.

Español originally but few knew how to pronounce it so they now use the Catalan spelling of Espanyol.

It's usually assumed that their fans are pro Unionist and Barcelona fans are pro separatist but I've looked into it and it's not so.  There isn't a Celtic Rangers type political divide thankfully.   

Thank god for that, don't want any of that sh!tting in our shoes and us weeing in their bovril. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Announce Hughton, Hector, play-offs & a central midfielder 

Was the central midfielder an after-thought.

sort of "oh and a central midfielder please".

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They had them on display next to the tills.

Is it one of them  bogof deals? if so I'm in, those 2  barcode's thankyou kindly.

Edited by daleblue

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Yes it does.

Thanks for that.

I can just imagine a an Espanol fan asking on a forum, 'So there literally called Miércoles?'

• Haha 2